Chapter 1

'Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you, I had no control over. I never expected it to happen, I never looked at you like that before, but suddenly, it was like everything had changed. Like you were a part of me, and suddenly, I craved that part more than ever'

I packed the last things down in my suitcase, before closing it, struggling with the zipper. I had this weird feeling pumping around in my body, but I couldn't decide whether it was excitement or I was just nervous. Probably a mix of both, but I didn't mind it, it was a good mix.

"All set?" Erik asked, as he leaned down and kissed my neck.

"Mhh, think so" I said, exhausted.

Erik started to rub my neck, obviously getting I had a massive headache. Feelings his cold fingers on my forehead were actually really nice.

"How about you? All packed up?" I asked, titling my head back.

I let the back of my neck rest on Erik's lap. Our eyes met and he flashed me a smile, not just any smile, my smile, the one only I was allowed to have.

"Can you believe it? We're both going to the world cups" Erik said and his eyes starting shining.

He was like a little kid on their birthday. I couldn't help, but let out a little smile. It was cute.

"I know, I can't wait" I said, biting my lip.

Things had lighten up for me, actually. Ever since I left Marco, I had pulled myself together, now I was in control of my life. I had been living at Erik's place after the break up, because I didn't feel like going home, where my mom would fuss around me all the time. I started getting into football, because Erik was actually able to actually teach me the rules and then I started studying journalism with major in football. It's been going good, I'd gotten a job at one of the biggest sports channels in Germany and have been covering Bundesliga games almost every weekend. And now, I was going to the world cup, covering the national team's way throughout it and to be honest, I couldn't wait.

Erik stroked my cheek, pulling me out of my thoughts. I send him a smile, before he leaned down and kissed my lips.

"I'm proud of you" he whispered, in between his little kisses on my lips.

"And I'm proud of you, Erik Durm" I smiled back, giving him another kiss.

"You're leaving an hour before me, right?"

"Yeah" I said, licking my lips.

Erik's hand pulled me up, so I could sit on his lap. I let my arms cross around his neck. With my fingertip, I played with the back of his hair. His little crooked smile, automatically made me smile.

"But, we have to be professional, okay?" I said, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, yeah, totally" he whispered, before kissing my neck. It made me laugh, before rolling my eyes at him.

I pulled him back, forcing him to look at me.

"I'm serious. I need to show my boss I can do this! That I'm good enough for this, so I can't be your girlfriend, I'm just a reporter" I said, letting my finger slip down his lips.

"I know, babe. When we're off, you're working and I'm working, professionals. Don't worry, you'll be awesome! They wouldn't have brought you, if they didn't think you were amazing"

"You mean that?"

"Yes! Mila, you have covered almost every game since you got hired, you're good" Erik said, raising his eyebrow. I bit my lip, as he softly stroked my cheek.