Chapter Thirty Five

Start from the beginning

"W-what's up?" I ask grabbing the sides of his face and making him face me.

"We need to go somewhere," he says placing his hands over mine. "Grab you're coat, it's supposed to rain tonight."

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

We drive for a good two hours before we arrive at the destination that Scott's been driving us to. I look at him confused when we pull into a hospital parking lot. But he just shakes his head at me and steps out of the car and begins walking towards the entrance. So of course, I get out of the car and limp after him. He waits for me at the entrance and holds the door open for me before following after me. He walks up to the front desk and the lady immediately gets up to hug him.

"Scott!" She shouts happily hugging him, she looks like she's somewhere in her mid-40s but she still looks young in a weird way. "You haven't been here is months, what made you stop by today?"

Scott smiles down at her sadly before leaning in to whisper something in her ear and her smile immediately drops before she pulls him into another hug.

"I'm so sorry," she says before her eyes shift over towards me. "Who is this?"

"This is my girlfriend Abby," he says smiling slightly. "Abby this is Stella, she's a close family friend."

"You have a girlfriend!" Stella squeals running over and hugging me. "Finally, I get God children."

My face is probably fifty shades of red right now and Scott doesn't seem much better. We bid Stella our goodbyes and I follow Scott towards an elevator. We don't say anything as we travel to the second floor but he does grab hold of my hand, so maybe that's his way of showing affection without saying anything.

When we reach the second floor we walk down a long hallway and unlike all the hospials you normally see in the movies it's not chaotic and doctors aren't rushing around everywhere trying to get patients to stay alive and whatnot. Instead it's very quiet and serene, there are a couple doctors milling around, talking to patients sitting in wheel chairs. Scott turns right at one of the halls and stops in front of one of the doors. He breaths our heavily before pushing open the door and letting go of my hand. I follow him into the room, unsure of what exactly I'm about to see.

When I get inside the room I see Scott sitting next to a man, maybe in his twenties. The man doesn't appear to have anything wrong with him, he's got a few tubes in his arms that are hooked up to machines but right now he looks like he's just sleeping, he looks peaceful.

But now Scott has turned into a complete blubbering mess. His head is leaned against the bed and his shoulders are shaking violently. I cautiously walk over towards him and rub his back in a soothing matter. I'm not sure what exactly is happening but it obviously must be bad.

"Well now you've met him," Scott says looking up at me and rubbing his face with the back of his hand. "This is Daniel."

I quickly rack my brain for a Daniel but nothing comes to mind so I look over at the man sitting in this hospital bed. He's very handsome, now that I can see him up close I can see a small scar just under his hair line, like his head got banged there somehow. He looks familiar but I don't think I've seen him anywhere...

Daniel!

I rememeber him now, Scott told me about him. About the accident.

"Is h-he dying?" I ask Scott because I can't think of any other reason that Scott would be this disoriented.

"He's basically already dead," Scott spits angrily standing up. "My parents decided to pull the plug. Falon told me that they said it's been long enough. That if he was going to wake up he would have already. That it was pointless thinking that he was ever going too."

I stand there silently staring down at Daniel. I can see it now, he looks so much like Scott. I can clearly visualize how scary that night must have been for them. They were both happy about Scott turning sixteen and thought it was harmless for him to drive because he had just gotten his license. It must be terrifying for Scott to walk around harvesting all of this guilt with him.

"It's n-not your f-fault," I say setting my hand on my shoulder. He stares at me in disbelief before shaking my hand off of me.

"I killed him," he says violently shaking his head at me. "All of this is my fault."

"N-not it's now-"

"Bullshit!" He shouts making me jump a little bit. His eyes soften a little bit when he sees me jump. "See? I keep messing up. I can't talk to you when I'm like this..."

Scott fast walks out of the room and I let him leave so that he can go regain his composure. It's obvious that he just needs space right now. I sit next to Daniel and stare at him. Sometimes I wish that I could look that peaceful, not have a care in the world. Unfortunately for him it seems that he doesn't have a choice.

"W-what am I g-going to do?" I say aloud to no one in particular.

"Good question," I look up and my eyes widen. I squeeze my eyes shut and open them again to see that he's still there.

He's back again.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Hello there again. Who's back again? I'm back again, sooner than usual. I've been updating pretty well lately, it only took me three days this time. It usually takes like two weeks. Anyway who do you think is back again? Is it Nickelback? Prim? Hazel Grace Lancaster? Or do you think it's no one at all? Hmmm, guess you'll have to find out next time if you keep reading. Dollhouse by Melanie Martinez is off to the side---}} really love that song thought it kind of applied to the chapter. Melanie Martinez is like my favorite, right next to Halsey and Twenty One Pilots. Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!! Love y'all!!!

Vote

Comment

Follow

Fan