Chapter 12: It's A Hit

We left for her car at 8 o'clock, just as planned. A few of her friends that I had recognized from her lunch table met up with us in the parking lot. They were riding with us. From what I heard their names were Julie, Noelle and Melissa.

Julie was average height, thin and very pretty. She was the kind of pretty you saw at the mall and could see in print ads. She had long brown hair with plenty of highlights. Noelle was pretty average looking. She was kind of short and had shoulder length blond hair with side swept bangs. Melissa was extremely gorgeous. At first glance I had noticed her first. She had long platinum blonde hair in loose curls that went almost to her waist. Her eyes were the most brilliant shade of blue I had ever seen on a person. I had never seen a girl that beautiful at home. I immediately felt self conscious. All three of the girls were dressed alike, the same as Anna. No doubt they were from similar cliques back home. 

None of the three girls greeted me when we met up with them. They only passed by Anna and each said "Hey," then got into the car, a very small, red Honda civic. Noelle rushed into the front seat, which left me to sit in the middle between two strange girls whom I had never met. It certainly didn't help that they were the prettiest in the bunch.

I tried to slouch down and hide myself to stop from feeling so inferior to the beauties I was crammed between. The girls smelt like lavender and vanilla. I couldn't tell which scent belonged to whom. Guys must go crazy when they are in the same vicinity as this group. Suddenly I wanted to turn around and go back. What would the point of going out be if I was going to hide the whole time?  

It turned out that Anna's car made it to the party without the need of a mechanic. We were on Greek Row-GREAT. I had always told myself I would never be one of those girls. You know, those girls you always see on television making fools of themselves at parties like these.

I found out through listening to Julie and Melissa's conversation that we were going to a Kappa Omega Psi party (...I dunno), and from what I heard they apparently threw the best parties on campus. Outside the frat house there were groups of guys drinking.

It was almost as if they were waiting for the group of beautiful girls to arrive. It seemed a little desperate on their part. These girls didn't seem very social or nice, except Melissa who flash a smile my way as we approached the party.

After we parked the girls began filing out one by one. Noelle got out first and let Julie out from the seat behind her. Immediately the guys' attention focused on the girls exiting the vehicle. I saw one nudge another on the shoulder and smiles crossed every one of their faces. I guess now the party was here. These reactions were nothing compared to the looks on the guys' faces when Melissa got out of the car behind Anna.

I heard whistles and hey baby's from numerous sources. Anna smirked to the other girls and gave them each an "I told you so" look. She shrugged her shoulders and walked toward the party alone.I was still waiting in the car. I didn't feel like being judged by a bunch of drunken sleaze balls. Anna was waiting outside and was getting anxious.  

"Ellie! Come on what is taking you so long? Let's go." The look on her face was that of frustration and worry. She probably expected me to act this way, but I didn't make it any less annoying. I felt guilty about that, so I inched my way out of the small red Honda. I didn't get quite the reaction the other girls got but I didn't care. The less attention focused on me-the better.  

We walked across a green lawn to the front door. Even from the outside you could tell that the party was huge. We walked through a tall blue door into the front room of the big white frat house. There must have been at least a hundred people in that front room alone.