Chapter Nineteen

"Oh lord, oh lord. What do I do? I've fallen for someone who's nothing like you. He's raised on the edge of the Devils backbone"
-The Civil Wars

Alice

"Yes."
"Yes?"
"Yes. Why? Do you want me to change my mind?" Penns stunned face was nothing short of adorable.
"Don't you dare," he hugged me close again and it felt wonderful to have my boyfriend hug me.

Boyfriend. I have a boyfriend. It feels strange. But a really nice type of strange. Like when you wake up at 5 in the morning and realize you still have an hour to sleep.

My face was hidden into his neck, his head rested on top of mine. I pressed a small kiss to his shoulder which made him shiver.

"You're killing me sweetheart," Penn groaned.
"Sorry," I laughed a bit.
He kissed the top of my head and tightened his arms around me, "I didn't say I didn't like it."

~~~

"Our next unit will be on Chi squared procedures. I strongly recommend that you read the chapter in the textbook over the break. He said hopefully, knowing that convincing teenagers to do anything academic over winter break is a futile endeavor." My statistics teacher paused to let out a sigh right as the dismissal bell rang.

Kids scrambled out of their seats and bolted for the door, excited for the start of winter break.

I had just made it out of the classroom and into the mob of giants when a heavy arm was thrown over my shoulders. I craned my neck up to see messy hair and the bright smile of my overly perky best friend. Eli.

"Come on short stack, I'll drive you home," he led us out of the building.
"So what do we want to do today," we made it into the parking lot and what I saw made me freeze, Eli's question completely forgotten.

Penn stood leaning against his car, arms crossed, a lazy smile on his face. He looked incredible, as always.

"Never mind. I see you already have something to do, or someone," I could hear the smirk in Eli's voice. But I was too distracted to scold him for the innuendo.

"Hello sweetheart, ready to go?" Penn smiled I could feel my face heat up. Eli pulled his arm from my shoulder and said a quick goodbye before going to his car.

"Hi Penn."
He pushed off his car and came towards me, stopping just short of running me over.
"Two weeks of dating and you still blush every time I greet you," his calloused fingers proved his point by running over my burning cheeks.
"Sorry," I mumbled.
"Don't you dare be sorry sweetheart. It's one of the things I love most about you." Now I was blushing even harder. Damn him.

Penn chuckled and kissed my cheek. "Let's go to my house," he paused with a mischievous smile on his face, "I've stocked up on tortilla chips."

I glanced up at him with a smirk of my own, "you know, you don't have to bribe me to come to your house."
"I know. But I like having the guarantee that you'll be there. Let's go."

Penn wrapped a muscled arm around my waist and led me to his car, opening the door for me like the gentleman he is. He was at the wheel before I even buckled my seat belt and we drove off, probably a little faster than the speed limit allowed.

He drove with one hand on the wheel. The other found its way to my knee, rubbing slow circles on my thigh. How is that his touch drove me so easily mad.

We pulled up in front of his house, which was more like a mansion, and hopped out of the car.

"I don't quite feel like being indoors today. Would you take a walk with me?" He looked down at me with hopeful eyes. I nodded and a grin broke out on his face, flashing an impressive set of canines at me. I loved his smile.