Chapter Eight

"I never knew perfection till I heard you speak. And now it kills me just to hear you say the
simple things"
-Maroon 5

Penn

I pulled into my driveway, aware that the pack dinner was bound to be over by now, meaning I would have to scavenge for myself.

Stepping out of my car, I smelled it right away. Cherry blossoms and mint. She was inside my home.

For a moment I was furious, livid, I wanted to tear heads off. I had expressly told Elijah to keep her away. But that all flew out the window when my wolf caught her scent.

I completely forgot that I had told Elijah to keep her away. Right now my wolf and I were overcome with happiness; she was here.

I marched up the steps and slammed the door behind me, smelling the air. The entire house was filled with her scent and I absolutely loved it.

I heard something rustling in the kitchen and quickly moved in that direction. What I saw made me nearly lose all of my control.

She was facing away from me, bending down to pick up a plate from the ground. It gave me a perfect view of her perky little behind. I growled at the mouthwatering sight.

She must have heard me because she stood straight and whipped around to face me.

Blue hair. Blue eyes. Beautiful full, pink lips. A curvy little figure. I was overcome with a sudden possessiveness that I had never felt before.

She was perfect. The most exquisite little creature I had ever laid my eyes on.

And she was all mine.

~~~

Alice

I turned around so fast I'm surprised I didn't get whiplash.
There was a sharp intake of breath and I thought it might have been mine, but I wasn't sure. The world was fading away and all I could see was the man before me.

He was far taller than me, probably over six feet. His dark brown hair was swept perfectly to the side, the same color as his eyes. The stubble that adorned his strong jaw told me he hadn't shaved for a week or so.

My eyes traveled down from his slightly crooked nose to his lips which were a faint pink. They looked extremely soft and I found myself wondering what they would feel like against my own. He was the most beautiful man I had ever seen.

My eyes widened with the realization of how blatantly I was checking him out and quickly turned to look at the ground. I could feel my cheeks heating up.
He took a step closer to me before he spoke.

"What is your name?" His voice was deep and smooth. And for some reason beyond me, it made me think of melted chocolate.

"M-my name is Alice," great, now the attractive man knows I have a stutter. Just great.
"Alice," he repeated the word as if he was trying to taste the sound of it, "It's lovely to meet you Alice."
"Nice to meet you too, um-"
"Penn," he cut me off, "you can call me Penn." He took another unexpected step forward.

The movement shocked me and I stepped back, bumping into the kitchen island, and dropping the plate that was in my hand. Ceramic shards bounced off the tiles, flying in every direction.
He didn't even flinch.