chapter 24

Chapter 24

Fury's point of view:

I was in my office when the door opened hi sir said hunter with his hands in his pockets hunter what are you doing back I asked surprised the mission's done sir with Skye's help the mission went much faster said hunter standing up so I could greet him welcome home solider I said shaking hunter's hand but right away I noticed there was something else wrong with hunter.

What's wrong hunter I asked hunter let out a deep breath it's just may still believes I'm dead and I can't contact her said hunter I'm sorry it'- I began screw it go see her I said making hunter's eye's go wide are you serious what about the counsel asked hunter screw the counsel go get your partner back I said with a smile thank you nick said hunter running out of my office I just hopes everything turn's out alright for my boy.

Hunter's point of view:

After getting the green light from fury to tell may that I was still alive I drove as fast as I could without breaking any speed limits fury informed me that may was at the academy of operations which didn't surprise me the drive took me over two hours to get to the academy.

Once I reached operations I parked my motorcycle and ran into the school hi my name is lance hunter can I see Melinda may I asked I'll see what I can do said the woman behind the desk as I sat waiting for my best friend slash partner to come out of class I couldn't help but to be nervous I mean I had no idea what to say to may I mean I've been dead for almost a year maybe I shouldn't be here before I had a chance to make it out the doors lance I heard turning around I saw may standing there looking at me with such a surprised face I saw may wrapped her hand around my old pair of dog tags hi I said softly I felt my heart stop at the sight of May's eyes filling up with tears I couldn't imagine how hurt and betrayed she felt it'd be a miracle if may ever forgave me.

Your dead may finally said taking a step closer to me I was I had to die to go deeper into my mission I'm so sorry I had my orders I said you...had...your orders you could of disobeyed yelled may walking up to me and I could tell she was pissed Melinda I said but she didn't let me counine oh no you don't get to Melinda me me and Clint buried you I mourned for the death of my partner my best friend and here you are a year later alive screamed may hitting me over and over I'm sorry I said trying to dodge May's hands sorry that's not enough I went through hell for you screamed may finally breaking down she stopped hitting me and began to sob violently.

Okay okay shhh I'm here baby I said softly sinking to the ground with may in my arms listening to her cries just broke my heart it reminded me of the time her father died and how she broke down in my arms just like she' s doing now I'm so sorry baby I said in Chinese it took half an hour to calm her down but even then I could still feel her body shaking with emotions I may pull back I missed you so much said may before snuggling back into my arms and then fell asleep it felt good to see my partner again I've missed her so much gently picking up may I took her back to her dorm and tucked her into her bed.

"knock knock"

Who could that be I thought as I went to answer the door agent hunter my name is Isabelle Hartley and I need you for a mission said Isabelle making me groan I just got back can you pick someone else I asked director fury told me you're the best he also gave me this said Isabelle giving me a injection what's this I asked it whips agent May's memories cause there's no telling how long you'll be with us said Isabelle you mean she'll still think I'm dead I said looking at may I'm so sorry but we need you maybe you could make a video for her said Isabelle a part of me wanted to push this agent out the door and lock it but at the same time I felt the need to help shield the best I could okay I said with a sigh before walking over to may I placed the injection into her neck I'm so sorry I said pressing a kiss on May's forehead before looking at Isabelle let's go I said once again leaving may behind.

May's point of view:

Mm guess I slept longer then I intended I said to myself climbing out of bed I saw I over slept by two hours.

"knock knock"

Wonder who that is I thought before opening the door package for Melinda may said the mail man that's me thanks I said taking the package and closing the door opening the box I let out a gasp as I pulled out a leather brown jacket hunter I said tears filling my eyes I gently placed the jacket on my bed before pulling out a old photo album I sat myself on the edge of my bed before opening the album as I turned each page I felt tears fall down as I looked at all the pictures of me and hunter over the years it just made me miss hunter even more then I already did placing the photo album next to the jacket I then pulled out a DVD which confused me walking over to my Tv I placed the DVD into the DVD player I held in a sob when I saw hunter on the DVD

Hey may chances are if your watching this that means something went wrong with the mission said hunter

Ait that the truth I said to myself

And I'm so sorry that I broke my promise to you I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am I hope someday you'll be able to move past me and take on the world and maybe someday you'll find true love again I only wish you the best and know that I will always love you Melinda may said hunter always and forever hunter added.

At that the screen went blank I love you lance hunter forever and always I whispered before grabbing lance's jacket I then climbed back into my bed and wrapped hunter jacket around myself and slowly fell back to sleep.

Skye's point of view:

After the fight with Victoria the rest of the day flew by rather quickly and soon I found myself being taken home by Bobbi and Leo you okay asked Leo gently I just shook my head no holding back the tears that threatened to fall it's okay said Bobbi in Irish grabbing my hand and giving it a squeeze again I shook my head no it isn't I said back in Irish I hated Victoria with a passion the rest of the drive home was in silence and before I knew it Bobbi was pulling the car into our driveway slowly I climbed out of our car and made it into the house I quickly ran to my room before my parents could ask me how school went.

Once I was in safely of my room I allowed myself to cry freely.

Fury's point of view:

I was sitting at my desk going through paper work when I noticed more and more people where starting to notice strange things where happening with alien technology we had at the high school which made me groan I could only hope that none of the student's where dumb enough to mess with the alien tech but knowing some of the student's there was no doubt that a couple of kids where going to mess with the alien technology.

Skye's point of view:

"knock knock"

Jumping up from the couch I put my book down to answer the door imagine my surprise to see my old friend Melinda may hey oh my gosh it's so good to see you again I said hugging may it's good to see to said may returning my hug it was nice to see may again I haven't seen her in forever pulling apart from may what brings you here I asked well I heard they got a new piece of alien tech at shield high wanna check it out asked may giving me a smile umm I don't know I said oh come on live a little said may pulling me out of the house alright I said rolling my eyes at may wait I have a prep assembly today I said let's skip it come on what's the worst that can happen said may true what about jemma I asked will pick her up along the way come on said may Dragging me to her car I had a feeling something bad was about to happen.

We arrived at the school the school looked kind of haunted dude to all the kids being at the prep assembly hey do you see her asked may no but I can text her I said pulling out my phone quickly pulling up Jemma's contact information I pressed the call button.

"ring ring"

Hello said jemma hey girl it's Skye may's here and we where wondering if you want to ditch the prep assembly since it's senior ditch day I asked sure I'll be out in 5 I'll tell the teachers I have to go to the bathroom said jemma if your careful enough don't say anything we both know you're a horrible lair I said I heard jemma scoff before hanging up the phone I turned my attention back to may she should be coming out soon I said awesome said may we waited for a couple of moments I was more then happy to see may again but at the same time something was about to happen.