Chapter 6- Memory lane

Chapter 6- Memory Lane.

It was a Sunday morning, I had nothing to do. I hadn't seen Jeff since last night when he jumped out the window. It was only 7:12 AM. My parents where never home on Saturdays and Sundays. I don't know why they where home yesterday. They usually just go out to the bars around town, hook up with random stangers they meet. They usually return home late Sunday night.

I laid in bed for a while, staring up at the ceiling, I couldn't stop thinking about Jeff. "You have to stop thinking about him!" I yelled at myself.

I looked over at the wall by my desk and saw It was September 23. "Tyler's birthday is the 29th..." I thought sadly to myself. He would be turning 12. I couldn't stop thinking about Tyler, I had completely forgotten about Jeff.

I went into my closet and pulled boxes of VCR tapes out, on those tapes where home videos of me and Tyler, and some relatives. I put them in one by one, I cried watching most of them. Most of them were birthdays, holidays, and family-get-togethers. I started to pull out the ones of me and Tyler that we recorded on our own. Tyler loved to video things, and edit them, even though he was 8 he knew how to do most of that and was pretty good at it. I pulled one out and put it in it had been titled "Tyler and Jasmines Adventure Through The Woods!" Tyler had written as the title.

On the tape it showed our fort me and him made in the woods back behind our house, we were in there talking about what we were going to do. Tyler was recording, while he had me draw out a map.

"Where going to look for treasure!" He declared.

"Okay!" I said cheerfully.

"I'll be right back, I'm going to start a trail to find it." He told me.

"OK just be careful." I told him.

"I will" He left the fort with the camera.

I remember that day clearly. About 10 minutes he came back he was breathing hard he said he had seen a tall monster looking guy with no face. I didn't really believe him since he was 8 and was very creative. But on the tape it had shown someone standing facing the opposite direction but you could get a good view of his profile.

"He wasn't kidding" I though silently "He'd really seen slenderman.."

I paused the tape, and checked my phone. I hadn't realized what time it was. I walked down stairs to get something to drink. I walked in there grabbed a glass filled it with ice and Pepsi. When I walked out of the kitchen I screamed and dropped my drink on the floor glass splattered everywhere. There he was.

Jeff was sitting on my couch watching TV.

He turned and looked at me like I'd done something wrong

"Why'd you scream?" He asked

"How long have you been here?" I asked

"All day." He replied. I cleaned up the glass off the floor and mopped it then walked up to my room, Jeff followed me.

When we got up to my room Jeff looked up at the paused tv.

"What have you been doing all day?" I looked down

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I miss my brother." I said

"What happened to him?" He asked

I sat on the bed, he sat beside me and I told him everything.

"I'm sorry" was all he could say.

I couldn't blame him I wouldn't know what to say either. Jeff then told me about his life story, he then told me about Liu his brother.

"Jasmine, you do know who that is in the tape right?" He questioned.

I nodded.

"I'm surprised he didn't kill your brother and you right then" He said.

I looked over at my clock it was already going on 10 pm. I couldn't believe I actually stayed up in my room all day watching home videos. I also coudln't believe I was talking to Jeff.

I sat there quiet. "His birthdays in a few days." I told him

"What are you going to do?" Jeff asked.

Jeff really didn't seem like an ass.

"Go by the cemetery in spend the day with him, well I was hoping to."

He looked at me then looked away like he was going to say something but he shouldn't.

"Thanks for last night." I told him

"Uhm your welcome?" He said confused.

"If you hadn't showed up and unlock the door I'd probably be stuck down there untill like next Christmas." I told him then laughed a bit.

We sat there and talked for hours and hours. My parents finally pulled up surprisingly at the same time.

I sighed.

Jeff looked at me. "Your really going to let them push you around all your damn life?" He asked

"They already have." I told him.

I knew by the sound of what I was hearing down stairs this night wouldn't end to well....