Chapter 8

OMG!!! I haven't updated in so long!! I apologize so much!!! I don't know when is the next time I will update but I will always try my best!! Comment, Fan, and Vote! Enjoy XD On the side is a picture of Mr. Calvin played by Chace Crawford.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Where you going?” Chase said as he followed me around the house as I grabbed all of my textbooks.

“None of your business.”

“I can make it my business.” He said smirking.

“Please just go you have done enough already.” I pleaded as I ran outside as a car pulled up. I jumped in and muttered a “go” before Chase could see who picked me up.

“So you are planning to stay at my house, but all you brought with yourself is schoolwork and no clothes.” I heard his voice say.

I turned toward him confused and looked in the bag that I brought with me that was wide open.

“Sh*t.” I said.

“Rosie, language.”

“Sorry I didn’t realize. I’m going through too much in such a sort amount of time and I feel like I’m going to explode.”

“I was joking. What’s wrong? What happened?” Mr. Calvin said.

“I don’t want to talk about it right now.” I said stubbornly.

“I will let you off the hook just for now.” He said as he pulled into the driveway of an adorable little one story house. I jumped out of the car with my bag and walked up to the front door. He came up from behind me and unlocked the door to his house and he motioned me inside.  The place was surprisingly clean for a guy and I plopped myself on his couch, without asking, and rested my head on the back and waited for something to take my mind off  of the past events.

“So, this is my house. Make yourself feel at home, even though it looks like you already have…” Mr. Calvin said as he plopped down on the couch next to me while turning on the television.

“Sorry.”

“I was joking, anything you feel in the mood to watch?” he said while flipping through channels.

“Something funny, I’m going to start on my homework so I can get it over with.” I said looking through my bag for my textbooks.

“Do you ever take a break from work?”

“Of course not. Why would I do that?”

“I’m just curious that’s all. Shouldn’t teenagers like you be living their life to its fullest and partying?”

“Me partying? No thank you, and shouldn’t you be drinking? You’re like twenty-four and you don’t even have a girlfriend. You’re young and good-looking…”  I drifted off.

“No you are going off topic here now. I asked you a question first.” He said.

“Ok, I answer then you answer so we both win.” I said.

“Ok I agree, now go.”

“Well studying is all I really have actually. It’s the only way I can get out of this place you know? My parents are never home, my sister seems to have the perfect life and well me, all I have are my brains. So I need a scholarship to go to the college of my dreams and get out of this place.”

“That’s not true, your brains isn’t the only thing you have. You’re relatable, and you have a great sense of humor, and your gorgeous, smart, you have a great smile, and you’re free of drama. I don’t understand why you put yourself down so much.” He said looking me in the eye.

“You’re too sweet…which brings me to why YOU don’t have a girlfriend and why YOU don’t party.” I said.

“Well you can call me old fashioned but I kind of just want the perfect person. I’ve dated and all but I always try to make the person I’m with feel like they are the only girl in the world. And should I really be drinking as a teacher? Sure, I will have a sip of beer or something but I never really liked the taste or the fact that people who get drunk do stupid things and forget what they did.”

I nodded in agreement. I could never see myself drinking.

“You know I’m happy you’re here.” I said honestly.

“And why is that?”

“Well it’s nice to have someone to talk to, you know? I’m happy that we are friends. That we don’t have a student-teacher relationship where I only answer questions in class and never wave to you in the hallway but a relationship where we can talk on a level that I talk to with no one else.” I said to him proudly. “You always make me feel better, and I’m thankful for that.”

He pulled me into a hug and I curled up into his chest at the point where I was almost on top of his lap… and it wasn’t awkward. It was comforting, as his hand wiped away the sappy tears from my face that I didn’t know appeared.

“It seems like every time I’m with you, I’m crying.”

“It’s fine.” He said. I nodded as I nuzzled my head in his warm chest. He was too comfortable and his scent flew up my nose. It was this type of woodsy smell that reminded me of cinnamon and something else. His muscular arms wrapped around my waist as I closed my eyes contented until I realized this was still my teacher.

“I should start my work now.” I said pulling away from his grasp and suddenly feeling awkward.

“Ok. I should check to see if there is anything we can eat.” He said through his teeth.

That was weird I thought to myself. I silently started my work and my mind drifted off to quadratic equations and the branches of the government. When I thought my mind was going to go on overload I finished all of my work for the weekend and walked toward the kitchen to see Mr. Calvin pulling out a pizza from the oven.

“That looks delicious.” I said smiling.

“Sure, if you call Publix pizza good.”

“It’s all in the brand sir, all in the brand.” I said shaking my finger.

I ate three hefty slices of pizza with Mr. Calvin while watching some comedy movie that took my mind off of everything. He gave me some excellent ice cream afterword’s and it happened to be both of our favorite…cookies and cream.  

"So where do I sleep?” I said after he let me use a new toothbrush he had in his bathroom and got changed into one of his shirts. My hair was now tied in a messy bun and I was wearing my glasses before bed. This was the latest I ever went to bed and I was exhausted.

“My bed is open to you as I sleep on the couch.”

“No, it’s your bed; I will sleep on the couch.”

“You’re the guest, so you will be in the bed.”

“This is your house though!”

“I’m the adult in this situation so you will listen to me Rosie!”

“No!” I said stubbornly.  I couldn’t believe we were fighting over a bed and couch.

“That’s it!” he said before grabbing me and picking me up before carrying me toward the hallway that led to his bedroom. I slapped his back but he didn’t even grunt in pain. He plopped me on the bed and started to walk away so I pushed him over and ran to the couch laughing. I heard his steps behind me and I was so close as he grabbed onto my waist and lifted me up easily like I weighed nothing.

“Stop you’re not going to win.” I said.

“I know, which is why we are sleeping in the same bed. I win, you win.”

 -----------------------------------------------------------------

OHHHHH whats going to happen now?? Enjoy!