Chapter 14

Hello all of my lovely readers!! Didn't think i would upload so fast huh?? Im glad you guys are enjoying this story so far and feel free to leave any comments or message me! A pic of Riley's parents are on the side :) Comment, Fan, Vote xx ------------------------------------------ 

To say I wasn't nervous would be a huge lie as I waited outside of Riley's house as he fumbled with the keys in his hands. It was safe to say I wasn't the only one that was on edge at the moment. This was going to be so weird. It was my first ever "meet the parents" dinner, and even though we weren't dating it still made me feel queasy.
"I'm home." Riley yelled once we entered his home and he instructed for me to take off my shoes cause his parents weren't very fond of shoe marks on the carpets.
"Wow this must be the lovely Rosie who stole my sons heart." I mentally cringed at what she said but warmly smiled at her as she pulled me into a rather comforting hug as a huge smile was platered onto her face. Her blue eyes lit of with joy at the sight of me and I already could tell where Riley had gotten his eyes from. 
"It's so nice to meet you Mrs.Brewin."
"Son you didn't tell me how gorgeous she was." A tall man said from behind his mother. 
I blushed at his comment as he took out his hand for me to shake.
"Thank you. You both have such a lovely home." I said truthfully to them, as I felt Riley smile from above me in appreciation. His parents seemed like such lovely people...the complete opposite of what he was.
"Well lets not stand in the hallway all day," his mom said chucking. "Rosie, how about you help me set up for dinner while the boys get through there "manly things?" 
"I'd be glad to." I said as I followed her into the kitchen."So tell me about yourself Rosie."  She said smiling warmly at me. Ms.Brewin was gorgeous for age and looked nothing like she was in her 40s with her brown caramel hair and her toned body.

"Well I love nothing more then over achieving in grades so to speak. I have all high marks, and take advanced classes and I was given the opportunity this year for it to be my last year in highschool, soI will basically be skipping a grade." I said proud of my work so far.
"Wow so your in the eleventh grade correct?" 
I nodded at her as she looked at me pleasantly surprised. "Here can you help me by taking the lamb chops out of the oven and laying it out onto that dish." I did as she told me as we carried the other dishes to the dining room table and she called the boys in.
I was seated across from Riley with both of his parents at the head of the table.
"So, Rosie over here is extremely intelligent from what she has told me." His mom mentions as she grabs for some rice for her plate.
"How did you end up with my nutball of a son then? The only thing I believe he's good at is getting all of the ladies. " His father said cracking up as he dug into his food he placed on his plate.
"Well I'm sure if Riley applied himself and paid attention then he would be able to go really far in life. But I couldn't agree more with your last comment." I said smiling back at his father.
"So how did you both meet and such? I'm such a romance addict." his mother asked.
I looked at Riley on what to say but he was confused as well.

"Well I've always had a crush on Riley ever since I could remember," I said blushing and burning a whole into my food with my eyes. I couldnt believe I was actually going to say this with Riley in the room.

"My older sister, Victoria, is dating Rileys bestfriend Chace, and ever since that happened he started coming over to my house and I kind of admired him from afar so to speak. I dont know, his eyes, his hair, his laugh it just really brings a girl in." I finished as I looked up to meet Rileys blank face as I resumed eating my food nervously.

"Then, Rosie got a makeover and I noticed her, I didn't even realize such a beautiful creature was hiding behind big rimmed glasses and huge sweaters. It makes me an asshole I admit for never noticing before but I'm just glad we...agreed and came on the same page." 
Was there a double meaning to that last part?
I looked over at Mrs.Brewin who seemed to have tears in her eyes. 
"My son's in love isn't he?" She gasped.
I choked at her comment and grabbed for the water in front of me as I had a coughing fit.
"Mom its too early for that."He said avoiding the question.
"Its never too early, sometimes you just know when you love someone." His father said truthfully and I couldn't help it as my mind wandered off to Nathan. Did I love him? He was everything to me right now, but did I love him? 

As we finished up dinner, my eyes were watering from the embarrassing stories of Riley they were telling me.
"He really did that!?" I screamed laughing.

"He full on kissed the frog!" His dad said telling the story of how he thought by kissing a frog he would become a prince completely messing up the whole story of how if you kiss a frog, the FROG would turn into a prince.
"Well I believe its time I take Rosie home...I dont want her to be late." Riley said changing topics probably completely embarrassed.
I wiped my mouth and got up from my chair.
"It was so lovely meeting the both of you. Thank you so much for inviting me into your lovely home to eat dinner with you guys."
"The pleasure is all mine." His father said. 
"Your welcome back anytime sweety." His mother said gently as she gave me a hug and I placed my shoes back on before heading out to the car.
Rileys parents were so sweet and caring and I wished I had had a family like his to come home to everynight. He was also completely different than what I thought he was at dinner. He was genuine, and I've never seen Riley smile so much in my life than right before when he was with his family and I.
"My parents adore you, I think more then me." Riley said smiling at me while keeping his eyes on the road and breaking me out of my previous thoughts.
"I love them a lot." I said truthfully to him.
"No you just loved the horrible childhood stories about me." He said faking sadness.
"Ok so true."
This was the first time I was having a decent conversation with Riley and it went through pretty smoothly.
As we pulled up to my house, he parked and stared at me before I walked out of his car.

"Thank you so much...I mean it." He said while looking at me so deeply that if felt hard to break eye contact and before I knew it his lips were on mine so quickly then they disappeared just as fast.
I looked back at him shocked at what he did and he seemed to have the same expresion. Finally my mind turned back on and I rushed out of the car without a single word to him and ran into my house making sure not to trip.
I slammed the door shut and slid against the closed door as I replayed what just happened.

Riley Brewin had kissed me, and I couldn't even think straight.

----------------------------------

How did you guys like the chappie? And how did you feel about what just happened?? Leave your comments below before I post the next chapter :))))))