Chapter 18

this turned into a sidemen fic real fast. oh well pft haha here's another chapter

"Hey Vik?" A hand knocked on his door a few times. It was Simon. "Can we, uh... Can we talk?"

"No," Vik muttered. "Please go away."

He could hear a sigh come from the man outside. "I just want to help, Vik - really. You've barely left your room in...
fuck knows how long, Josh is still pissed as shit at you for some unknown reason, and everything's just going downhill. Please, Vik. Don't shut us out again." There was an almost pleading edge to his voice.

"I don't care," Vik mumbled. "Please go."

When he heard footsteps slowly retreating from his room, he collapsed onto the bed. How long could he keep going like this, pushing all his friends away? How much longer until there were none left?

---

"Hey JJ? Can I come in?" Simon questioned.

"Yeah, sure bro," JJ called from his desk. Simon, taking this as his cue, turned the doorknob and stepped into the room.

"Have you seen the way Vik's been acting lately? It's different - and I don't mean since it was revealed he was gay. Ever since Harry and the others came over, he's barely talked and shit; I think it has something to do with that. I could be wrong, but it's just very worrying and I don't really know," Simon panted in one long breath.

JJ raised his eyebrows. "Whoa there, buddy. Slow down. We've got all day." Once Simon had regained his breath, he continued. "Yeah, I noticed what you said about Vik's behavior after Harry and them came over. Maybe something happened between them, but Harry doesn't seem any different to me."

Simon sat on the edge of JJ's bed. "Yeah, that's what I wondered too."

"Have you asked Josh?"

He sighed. "No. I don't really want to though, because whenever I mention Vik around him he just goes mental. It kinda scares me, not gonna lie."

JJ got up from his chair. Walking over to Simon and grabbing his arm, he proclaimed, "Well, let's go ask him if he knows anything! We'll never find out if we don't ask."

"True," Simon sighed. "But do we have to go now? I literally just sat down," he whined.

"Oh my fuck, you're so lazy. Just come on."

As they approached Josh's door, Simon sighed. JJ raised a fist and motioned to knock. Simon looked at him strangely and mouthed, "Do it." JJ rolled his eyes as he knocked on the door.

A faint "Come in," was heard behind the door. JJ nodded at Simon to open the door, and so he did.

"Oh, hey guys," Josh greeted rather cheerily. "What do you need?"

Simon opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by JJ. "We want you to talk to Vik."

Josh's eyes immediately narrowed. "Why? Why can't you?"

"I already tried! And it didn't go well," Simon said.

"Well, what makes you think that I can get through to him? Aren't you aware of what happened last time I tried that?" Josh retorted.

"No, not really," JJ answered.

Josh rolled his eyes. Facing towards Simon, he continued his previous sentence. "Anyway. I won't do it."

"Why not?" Simon protested. "You're the only one who can do this, remember? Remember what I said last time? You guys have something in common. We," he said, motioning to him and JJ, "do not." JJ frowned, undoubtedly confused at what they were talking about.

Josh groaned. "Okay, fine, fine. I'll go." Seeing Simon's elated face, he added, "But if it goes wrong again, it's not my fucking fault."

Without waiting for an answer, Josh walked out of his room and across the hallway to where Vik resided.

"Hello?"

"It's me," Vik joked with remorse.

Josh groaned. "Oh, come on. That joke is so fucking old. Jesus." And without warning, he pushed himself into the room.

What he saw surprised him. Vik was sitting on the edge of his bed, head buried in his phone. The room was unnecessarily clean, and his monitor screens all displayed Wikipedia pages.

Vik looked up. "Oh, hey."

Josh fumbled for words as he closed the door behind him. "Look, I know what I did last time was wrong, and for that I do apologise, but just... let me finish what I was going to say."

Vik looked at him strangely. "Go on."

Josh took a deep breath and sighed. "You may be the only gay one here... but you're not the only one who likes men."

"What are you getting at?" Vik furrowed his eyebrows.

"I'm bisexual."

the bomb has been dropped

okay anyways letme first just say that i am so happy that i have reached this point in the story <3 now we can finally progress toward the actual vikklan shtuff
okay? i know that's what ya want. hehehe

and yES! announcement time!! i am planning a spin-off of this book! it will involve josh and his story and i'm honestly way too excited for this :') ive already got most of the storyline planned out so i might start writing that soonish

anyway ily all and stay safe~