Chapter 10

if you're reading this, that means everything is fixed. if you missed my update, all i did was merge chapters 8 and 10 to make for a more flowing story with less filler chapters. enjoy :)

There was a knocking at his door.

"Vik? Can we talk to you?" It was Simon. 

Of course it was. Why did they have to live under the same roof? These were the people who he wanted to talk to the least right now. No doubt Simon and JJ were with him too.

"There's nothing to talk about," Vik mumbled dryly.

Simon sighed. "Okay, but whatever. We're coming in." And with that, the door opened, revealing Josh, Simon, and JJ.

"Look, Vik, I'm sorry for-" Josh began, but was cut short by an outburst from Vik. "You're sorry? Is that it? For practically helping him spread my biggest secret? Is 'sorry ' all you can say?!"

"We thought it was a joke," JJ deadpanned.

Anger bubbled up inside of Vik and he lashed out with one hand, almost catching Simon's hair in the process. "A joke? Just a fucking joke? He PROMISED, JJ! You all did! It's not just some game, you know. This is serious matters! My YouTube career is on the line! And that dickhead had to go and ruin it. Is he just abusing the fact that I could never hate him for anything, ever?" 

A pause. "You would never understand!" (<-- yes, vik said this) Then a groan, as Vik collapsed and buried his head in his hands, curling up like a ball.

Josh and Simon exchanged swift, almost undetectable glances. Nobody said anything until Josh spoke up once again. "I guess I can understand if you're mad at us. But you say you can't hate Harry for this. If this is really as important as you say it is, then why not? What's stopping you? I know that if I ever had a secret- " he glanced meaningfully at Simon, " -then I would never forgive anyone who told it, ever."

Vik groaned, though the sound was quite muffled as he had still not looked up. "Believe me, I want to hate him so much. I just-" In place of the end of the sentence, there had been instead a quiet sob. "Please just leave me alone."

"He's right. We should probably just go until he's ready to explain more. C'mon guys," said JJ as he stood up and made for the door. Simon and Josh followed a moment later, whispering to each other all the way out. Vik thought he could hear a glimpse of someone saying, "almost got yourself caught." 

Then the door slammed shut.

Blinking back fresh tears, he looked back up at his monitor screen, which was just about to turn off due to inactivity. He waved the mouse a bit to reassure the computer that he, was in fact, still there.

Vik sat there for a long time, silently contemplating the most recent events. And as he stared mindlessly into his monitor screen, his vision finally cleared in time to reveal a new follower notification on the bottom of his screen. It was Lachlan. 

He was too numb to be shocked at this point. So many things had gone wrong today that he just couldn't feel at all overjoyed.

Regardless, Vik quickly followed back and typed out a direct message to him, which contained the following:

"Hello Lachlan... I've noticed that we have some things in common. Maybe we could exchange Skypes and talk sometime? Up to you."

ahh, coming back to this months later... it's like that feeling of getting into a nice warm pool when you're freezing cold.

it honestly took so much self-control not to write minizerk as canon in this. believe me, i wanted to so much. it just wouldn't fit the story, so i can't. one thing i can do, though, is include one of my headcanons about josh in here. if you go back aways in this chapter, you probably are able to see hints of it. try to figure out what it is?