Chapter 17

Lachlan tapped his foot impatiently as he peered at his monitor screen, which displayed that his video was still in the process of uploading. Deciding to preoccupy himself by checking other things, namely Twitter and Skype, he sighed.

He had been finding himself less interested in Twitter lately, and only really used it about once a day to check up on things. In fact, four out of five of his last tweets were just the automated ones promoting new videos across his channels.

It had been a few days since he had given Vik the advice to sort out his dilemma. But since then, however, there had been no word from him on the matter, so naturally Lachlan was curious as to what had happened to Vik.

Lachlan had been watching - inconspicuously, of course - for any activity from him, but he couldn't find anything. Vik was never on Skype (as far as he knew - it was always set to Do Not Disturb), he hadn't tweeted, and the only videos that had been uploaded were obviously those that he had prerecorded. It was radio silence.

He was generally a reserved, patient person; however, when it came to pressing issues that somehow resulted in a person being inactive on all their social media, he couldn't really sit back and be quiet, now could he?

Yes. He very well could. But he wasn't going to, obviously.

Switching to the Skype application on his computer, he made an instantaneous decision to message Vik right then and there.

Lachlan muttered to himself as he began typing out a message to Vik via Skype. "Hello.... Vik." Sent.

He got a response almost immediately. Just a simple "hi."

At this, Lachlan was taken aback. Days and days of radio silence and then he responds within seconds? But, no matter. He instinctively hit the button for a voice call, the sounds ringing in his ears.

However, two seconds later, it shut off.

Lachlan frowned at his screen. Why would that happen? It was supposed to ring longer than that. The only possibility was that Vik had purposely declined the call.

And as if on cue, a message popped up in the chat.

"i don't want to talk right now. sorry."

hey guys! can you spell filler for me? ready? give me an f...

also gonna be binge writing a few chapters cause i'll be on a bus for the next 12ish hours ahha fun