Chapter 3

lachlans pov now :)

get hyped, next chapter is gonna be a turning point!! :D

"Hey Lachlan... want to record a parkour video with me?"

That was Preston. And he was sure that, out of everyone in the Pack, Preston felt the worst about Lachlan being the 'odd one out', and constantly tried to make up for it by asking to record when Rob wasn't available.

"Sure," he responded despondently. Then, putting on a mask of pretend cheerfulness, he said jokingly, "But you'll probably beat me like you always do," which got a laugh from Preston.

However, during the recording, thoughts kept swimming into Lachlan's head like He's only doing this to try to make you feel better. And that was true. He appreciated the good intentions, but it didn't exactly help.

He just wants to show to the fans that you're not as lonely as you seem. And maybe that was true, too. Nothing better than hitting two birds with one stone. Except for three.

"Lachlan?" Preston's voice snapped him out of his thoughts. "You've been sitting still for quite a while now. Everything alright?"

His mind screamed, No! It's not!, but what came out of his mouth was, "Yeah. I'm fine."

A little while after he had ended the recording, Preston said, "Oh hey! Rob's back! Sorry, Lachlan. Got to go!" and hung up.

Not again... he always does this. He's trying to help, but god, it's not working.

Lachlan checked his Skype contacts for someone that was available, but to no avail. Everyone was probably sleeping, editing, or recording.

Guess I should keep myself busy, then. No one to talk to, might as well.

He sighed and began to edit some of his videos, and rendering them. As he did so, his mind wandered to other things.

I just want to share a friendship like Rob with Preston, and Mitch with Jerome. Is that too much to ask?

Please...