Chapter 15

Vik had been acting strange recently.

Ever since that day that Lachlan had gotten hung up on, he couldn't deny that he had been a little bit curious as to what was going on. He had attempted to ask a couple questions, but had always gotten either vague responses or simply nothing at all. But Lachlan wasn't one to give up so easily.

Vik was online now, he could see that. And what Lachlan was about to do might or might not ruin any chance of friendship he had with the boy. But that was a risk he was willing to take.

He hit the "call" button.

It rang and rang. It rang for so long that he was about to give up. But at the very last moment, Vik picked up.

"So, you finally answered," Lachlan said slowly. "Now what's going on?"

Vik was about to respond, but was cut off by Lachlan saying, "and don't even try to deny anything. I know a problem when I see one."

He heard a faint sigh come from the inside of his headset. "I think I just made another one of my friends mad at me."

At this, Lachlan was taken aback. He immediately tried to cover it up, however. "What do you mean by another? What happened?"

"Um, well... one of my friends exposed a secret I told them to never tell. I was too scared to confront them but, then, er... another friend of mine tried to consolidate me but I don't like pity so I pushed them away. But now they're really aggravated and I dunno what to do..."

Lachlan noticed he was being intentionally vague. He had already seen the other's Twitter account, and had taken note of what had been said there, so what was there to hide? He didn't think too much of it though. "Well... first of all, I think you should tell the first friend that what they did wasn't right. Friends aren't supposed to tell secrets, even if it is a joke. Then, after that, you can go and work things out with the second friend and apologize if you need to."

There was a moment's pause, as if Vik was thinking it over. "Mhm," he said slowly. "Yeah, I think I get it. But..."

"But what?" Lachlan asked, albeit rather impatiently.

"Uh..." Vik hesitated. "Nothing."

"Okay," he said doubtfully.

There was no doubt in his mind that Vik was totally, absolutely, and definitely hiding something from him. Lachlan was generally a quite curious person who didn't like it when things were kept out of his reach. He felt the need to know everything, even if it didn't pertain to him specifically.

And this situation was one that indeed piqued his interest.

He couldn't ask outright, for fear of ruining this friendship in its early stages. So he decided to do what he did best - keep quiet and don't mention anything. Maybe Vik would get around to telling him in due time.

In due time, Lachlan. In due time.

this is rlly short and a filler n i'm so sorry but i promise next chapter will progress the story more (and by that i mean ruin your lives [jk {or am i?}])