Chapter 12

sorry for my inconsistency.//

also writing this, chapter 13, and chapter 14 all at the same time as they overlap kinda. so this and the next chapter will be the same/similar, just this one is from vik's pov.

As soon as he hit "send", he instantly regretted his decision.

In no way was Vik prepared for this at all. He was still distraught, and his eyes bleary. He looked like a right mess, and could only pray that Lachlan chose not to use video call.

And, as it turned out, he didn't. Vik let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. He moved to slip on his headphones, the sounds of others talking above him not going unnoticed. After a moment's preparation, he accepted the incoming call.

"Hello?" A voice rung out from within the darkness.

"Hello," Vik breathed. It had been a while since he had Skyped with someone that wasn't in the Sidemen. It was nerve-wracking, to say the least. Talking to an almost-stranger was unfamiliar to him. What if they didn't get along well? and many more thoughts along those lines occupied his mind.

Lachlan's smile was almost audible. "So, what's goin' on?"

He decided not to mention the fact that he had just gotten into an argument with his best friends. Instead, he said, "Not much. Uhm... Nothing I can't handle. What about you?"

"I'm doin' alright. Bit bored, not gonna lie, but it's nothing new."

Vik was about to reply, before pausing and replaying that statement in his head. Nothing new? What was that supposed to mean? Oh, well. He shook his head as if to rid the thought from his mind.

Instead, he decided to play along. "Hey! You calling me boring?" Vik teased.

Lachlan laughed. "No, no, I didn't mean it like that!" Then, quieter: "You sure do seem like a nice person, I mean. You seem like you could keep me company."

Vik grinned, lips tugging upward into a devious smile. "My name's not Vincent." At this, Lachlan burst out into a flurry of laughter, while Vik giggled to himself at the success of his joke.

The sound of Lachlan's laughter filled his ears and warmed Vik from the inside out. However, all feelings went cold as he heard a knocking on his door. He couldn't tell who it was, but he had a decent guess just based on how hard the person knocked. 

A chill ran down his spine.

"Uh... S-sorry Lachlan, but I have to go. I think someone needs me."

do u ever feel bad bc u consider 500 words a decent-length chapter but then u look at other ppl's books and you see like "20k+" written on one chapter ugh

ps shameless self promo go check out my new one shot book (currently only minizerk n vikklan but w/e lmao)