Chapter 8

Hai c:

After his daily rounds of recording, rendering, and uploading, Vikk hopped on Twitter to update about random things, make a couple puns, and maybe reply to a couple fan's tweets and questions.

At first glance, nothing was out of the ordinary. At second glance, still nothing.

It'd been a long day, and he was tired. Almost tired enough to forget about the current situation with Lachlan. Almost.

And, as it turned out, Vikk couldn't find any evidence of a reply from him. He scoured and scoured his notifications, but if he had replied at all, it had gotten lost in the wave of fan tweets.

Somehow, it slipped his mind that he could do CTRL+F, or even just go to Lachlan's twitter page and search from there. He was just too frazzled from the day's events to really care.

He sighed. It wasn't like he expected Lachlan to really respond anyways. (little does he know...)

Earlier, Vikk and a couple other Sidemen had decided to record extra GTAV footage, because why not, it would be good to have more videos done and out of the way. It had started out fine...
...then went downhill from there.

"Vik, the only reason you're in last is because you've been playing with only blocks for the past four hours."

The Minecraft jokes weren't so bad. He had heard them before, and it was nothing new. All just friendly banter. Or so he thought.

Then the "gayboy" jokes started.
He knew, he knew somewhere in the back of his head that they were just joking around. But he couldn't help but feel a sense of betrayal.

None of them know what it's like!

And, as if on cue, his Twitter timeline updated, and a new Tweet from Harry showed up.
"Vikk is so gay."
Already retweeted by JJ, Josh, and Ethan.

He felt his world crashing beneath him as the secret he had worked so hard to keep was exposed to the public by the only people he thought he could trust.

Nearly in tears, he typed a reply. 
"How could you?! I trusted you!"

For years on end, he had kept it a secret. The rest of the Sidemen helped, to an extent. But now, all that had changed.

Betrayed by the one I loved most...

~~~

He remembered back, to that night almost two years ago.

"Guys... I'm- I'm gay."

He remembered being bombarded with hugs, encouragements, and laughter.

"I knew it!"

"Erm... that's great, I guess?"

He remembered the promises that they made to eachother.
"You won't tell anyone... will you?"

"Nah, you're cool bro."

"As long as you don't have this creepy ass crush on me, then we're good."

He remembered how hard it was to laugh it off, shrug, and blatantly lie.
"No, I don't like you... like that. Just to- just to let you know."

"Okay then, Dickstar420, I will keep your secret."
"You promise?"
"I swear, I will. Promise."

And just like that, he was swept back to reality, to the present.

He wanted to cry, to scream, to do anything, but most of all, wanted to hate Harry for breaking the promise.

But he couldn't.

Because he loved him.

i hope i don't get death threats for this
also yes this is still a vikklan fanfiction, i just like random plot twists okey?
if you want to, try to figure out which of the quotes belong to which sidemen. aside from the obvious ofc
sorry that this one's a little shorter, but keep reviewing, and I'll keep writing... :)
ps. i have now discovered that the title 'odd one out' can be taken two different ways from vikk's pov wow what totally not planned heheh

tumblrz (if it looks horrible on mobile remember i made it on my computer): rptlotp.tumblr.com

inspired by an imagine i read about dan and phil ok (well not really. i just got into a sad mood from it, so yeah)

IM SORRY IF THIS IS CRAPPY