Chapter One

It was one of those summers where you were sitting at home watching re-runs of Gossip Girl in your bedroom while all the "other girls" were wearing Juicy Couture sweats and tanning by their pools. The lights in my bedroom were shut off and the white sheets were pulled up to my neck. Besides all the "other girls" having fun during their summer vacation, I only cared about four of those "other girls". THE four "other girls" everyone wanted to spend their summers with.

"Jordan!" My mom, Heather Phillips, yelled coming up the stairs. I quickly scramble out of bed and turn on the lights. I looked like a bat, dreading humanity. "Jordan! You up there?" she shouts again. I pull up the window shades and open the window. "Jordan," my mom says "this is how your spending your summer vacation?" she asks. The answer is yes. I would spend my summer watching Gossip Girl, only because I didn't want to take any chances seeing "them", it could be great seeing "those girls" but I could also embarrass myself big time. "Yes!" I yell. At that time I didn't think I was being that loud...until I heard: "Is that Jordan Phillips?" a voice asked from outside and that's how it starts.

I turn around to face Sammie Hills, Savannah Park, Ally Millington and Lauren Kate Weatherly out the window, tanning by Sammie's pool. They all look gorgeous, and not at all like there in 9th grade (which we were). They were always the top 4 Hotties on our schools yearly 'Hot or Not' list. My mom glances outside to see the four "other girls". Yes, THE ones. "Why don't you ever hang out with Samantha anymore?" she asks. "Sammie, her name is Sammie now," I say "And she...has other friends now" Yes, me and Samantha Hills used to be friends, not close friends but friends, it's hard to stay friends with the most popular girl in school. "Get on a swim suit and head over there" my mom says smiling. "NO!" I yell. "Come on Jo!" She yells tossing me a swim suit "Mrs. Hills and I are still close friends, she'd love having you over!" Somehow I'm standing in my room wearing a blue one-piece a few minutes later, it was probably because my mom wouldn't leave and the fact that I needed a tan, swimsuits are ALL wrong in Sammie's world, there's nothing wrong wearing a one-piece if you’re like me but all the "other girls" were a size 0 and losing pounds by the minute. Girls, besides me, never seemed to eat.

So there I am walking to SAMMIE HILLS house, like I'm Savannah Park who'd get into there whenever she wanted, but no I was Jordan Phillips. Sammie was the popular girl typed, long golden surfer hair and blue eyes, when you saw her you immediately thought: "hey maybe next year I'll bleach my hair and grow my bangs out, get a knockoff designer bag and some cute flip flops and maybe...I could be more like Sammie Marie Hills". Ding Dong, the Hills' doorbell chimed. Someone opens the door, but not the someone I wanted- the size triple 0, redhead (but not the ginger kind, the velvety red kind that only comes from a bottle), Burberry bikini wearing Ally Millington answers the door carrying a margarita glass filled with some kind of pink liquid and a mini yellow umbrella peeking out of the side of her glass.

"Uh...hi" Ally says tossing her red hair over her shoulder "Hey Sammie, someone’s at the door" she yells tilting her head away but keeping her forest green eyes on me. "Who!?" Sammie responds back walking up to the door. Her golden blonde hair was crimped and pulled into a side ponytail and her lips were perfectly glossed. "Oh, Jordan" Sammie says smiling, fake. "My mom told me to come over, ya know" I say laughing. "Jordan Phillips?" A voice asks coming down the hall and by the doorway "Is that you Hun? I haven't seen you in ages!" I can recognize that voice anywhere; it was Mrs. Hill’s a.k.a the mother. Mrs. Hills pulls me into a tight hug. "Come in doll!" Mrs. Hills smiles "The girls were just tanning and hanging by the pool, but they'd love to have you join them"

By now I can see Ally biting her lip, but Sammie looked fine, so I come inside. "Your house is huge!" I tell Sammie. "Uh huh" she says nodding. I awkwardly stumble around until Mrs. Hills lets go of my shoulder and pushes me and Ally towards the back door. I run my hand along to glass door and grab the gold handle but I'm not graceful and before I know it I knock right into someone carrying a strawberry daiquiri. "Oh my god, what the hell!?" The girl shouts. As we both fall onto the hot patio ground I look right into the shiny blue eyes of Savannah Park. Lucky Savannah, her drink didn't get at all on her Blue and white striped Tommy Hilfiger bikini. "Ugh!" She yells. Basic Savannah, drama queen for sure.