Chapter Twelve

“Hot or Not list is out bitches!” Ashley King squealed running down the hallway carrying a stack-full of papers. I stood by Sammie, Savannah, Ally and Lauren. They didn’t move. They already knew what the ‘Hot or Not’ list would say. #1 Sammie like always, and Savannah, Ally and Laur just follow. A bunch of wannabes crowded around Ashley taking the sheets by the dozen to hand back to their friends or followers or boyfriends- Anyone really. A group of Karen Dailey wannabes passed staring vigorously at me. Pathetic right? I smirked and flipped my long hair over my shoulder. A sea of whispered filled the hallway. “What the hell is going on?” Sammie asked pushing past me and towards the ‘Hot or Not’ list that were stapled up and down the hallway. She brought it back to us and began reading off the names. “Alright #6 Ashley Kings, #5 Ally Millington, #4 Lauren Weatherly- ooh there’s a switch! #3 Savannah Park…#2 Sa-Sammie Hills…? And…what the f- #1 is Jordan Phillips!?” Sammie through the paper onto the floor. “How can this be?” Then she turned to me and whispered “Jojo I made you”.

Sammie dashed down the halls ripping down the papers even though by now everyone had already seen them. “Hey JoJo!” Karen Dailey said “I love your shoes, they’re like super gorg!” “Yeah!” Geneva Hart yelled chiming in “And your tube top! So ca-ute!” Amanda Johnson giggled. I looked at Sammie, staring back at us. “You’ll get what you deserve Jo! Being Popular will take it’s toll” that’s all Sammie said before dashing away and ripping down more ‘Hot or Not’ lists. “Jojo!” Someone shouted down the hall. Another fail Sammie clone, bad bleached out hair and orangey Snooki skin. Not only did everyone used to love her but also now I was the new Sammie Hills, so now- everyone loves me. Yes me! The used-to-be ugly, stringy greasy haired and poop brown eyed Jordan Phillips.

When I walked down the halls with Savannah, Laur and Ally in our Juicy Couture and Abercrombie & Fitch matching outfits, everyone couldn’t help but stare. I was perfectly tan and had my long hair in bouncy ringlet dark brown curls. I had become every guys dream girl; and the best part- within the two hours that the ‘Hot or Not’ list was up I had been treated like a celebrity. “Soooo, you beat out Sammie for #1?” Ashley said snapping in front of my face like an idiot. “Um yes, I did…And it’s because I’m prettier, smarter, cuter…more popular and just better, so please you look stupid ‘Ash-LAY’, Go somewhere where your fake flat-ass self is needed, ‘cause this is my school now, Kisses!” I snapped at her pushing her to the side of the hallway, Ally giggled as she past and Savannah whispered; “Ashley’s so pathetic…” In the hallway people were talking to me, and about me. And I guess I liked it. I liked being wanted. Who doesn’t?

“Babe!” Danny Dior yelled down the hall. He looked gorgeous. Dark brown flippy hair, his loose jeans were sagged by his thighs and he was wearing a new Abercrombie tee shirt that brought out his sexy blue eyes. “Paa-lease Danny, lip gloss” I shrieked as he leaned in for a kiss. I only loved him because he was the best, the most popular guy in school, football Quarterback, who would want anyone else? I spotted Luke out of the corner of my eye, he narrowed his eyes and shook his head like he was mad…or disappointed. But he was old news, and me? I was over it, I’m doing me now. And here’s the catch, drum roll please. Naturally I wouldn’t have become #1 Hottie over night, I needed help- Danny’s help. Last night, just before I went to sleep and took off the pounds of makeup I was wearing, I called up Danny.

“Hey Boo! So I have a Q…Your one of the main writers for the ‘Hot or Not’ list right?” I asked twirling my hair between my fingers with my cell phone pressed up to my ear. “Uh yeah Babe” He said in a sexy sleepy boy voice. “Awesome,” I said rolling my eyes “Well Baby, if you really love me could you maybe possibly do a teensy little favor for me?” “Um, anything for you JoJo” Danny replied, sounded like he had a cocky grin on his face. “Well I’m weally weally would like to be #1 Hottie tomorrow instead of…that bitch Sammie, she’s so old anyways…And if I am #1 Hottie tomorrow there could be something in it for you? If you know what I mean” I giggled flirtatiously. “Oh! Yeah totally JoJo!” He said perked up suddenly. “Great, Love you BooBoo! Mwaa!” I kissed the phone and hung up smiling. And that’s how you manipulate, learned from the best- Dear Ol’ Sammie Hills. Of course Danny thought that I would give him my virginity but ew no, Danny may have a sexy football body but please I would never like some sweaty quarterback get into my DKNY mini skirt.