I am not a Sperm Donor

The shock of seeing my mother's sperm donor sends a chill up my spine. My knees begin to wobble, but I draw myself up as courageously as I can.

"Expelliarmus." Black groans. His voice is gravelly and coarse, like a lifeless bullfrog. Our wands fly into his hands. He steps forward, mad eyes focused on Harry. "I thought you'd come and help your friend. Your father would have done the same for me. Brave of you not to run for a teacher. I'm grateful... it will make everything much easier...."

Something changes in Harry's posture. His back stiffens. He lunges at Black, but Hermione holds him back. "No, Harry!" She whispers.

Ron draws himself up, holding onto the arm of a small rocking chair for support. Tears of pain threaten to spill out of his eyes, but he stares at Black rebelliously. "If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us too!"

For the tiniest millisecond you can imagine, some sort of emotion reflects in Black's eyes. "Lie down." He tells Ron. "You will damage that leg even more."

Ron cannot believe what Black is telling him. "Did you hear me?" He says as forcefully as he can manage. "You'll have to kill all three of us!"

"Four." I interject. "You'll have to freaking kill me too."

Black turns to me for a second, and then looks back at the trio. "There will only be one murder here tonight." He says, looking positively delighted at the prospect.

"Why's that?" Harry snaps, struggling under Ron and Hermione's grips. "Didn't care last time, did you? Didn't mind slaughtering all those Muggles to get at Pettigrew. What's the matter, gone soft in Azkaban?"

I think of Jane, and how she tried to kill me because of her dead Muggle mother.

"Harry!" Hermione shrieks. "Be quiet!"

"HE KILLED MY MUM AND DAD!" Harry shouts. In a swift, forceful motion he tears himself out of Ron and Hermione's grips and dives for Black. Ron has fallen to the ground, and I bend down to help him out. Ron's eyes focus on the commotion behind me. I turn around. Harry has shoved Black into a wall. They are in a wild wrestling match.

Hermione screams. Ron calls out for his friend to stop. I dive for Harry and Black, and pull Harry off of Black.

Harry kicks at me, ferociously trying to get out. He struggles under my grip.

I hold him still for a moment and look straight into his eyes. "Harry, before you become a murderer, I have a few questions for him."

Behind me, Black's bony hand is reaching for the wands at my feet. I step on his wrist with my foot. He cries out in pain and shrinks away. I push Harry across the room with all of my might, and then pick up all the wands.

Harry charges at me. "Immobulous!" I cry. He freezes midair, like a statue. Hermione gasps.

"Aria!" Ron calls from the floor. "What are you doing?"

I whirl around to face Black, who has a twisted sort of proud look on his face. "Do you know what you have done to me?" I ask, violently calm. "All my peers hate me except for a select few. A few of them even beat me up. Everyone thinks that I'm in contact with you. I had to spend all summer in my small house because you had broken out. I couldn't go to Hogsmeade trips because my professors thought that I'd be in danger. They gave me a freaking Auror to babysit me. An Auror! When you broke into Hogwarts, they blamed me. I had to spend my Christmas inside instead of outside in the snow, because you were rumored to be in France. Someone just tried to kill me because she thought I had brought you to Hogwarts. You killed her mother. You killed her mother like you killed mine."