Girls vs. Boys (4) - Aftermath

Start from the beginning

“Hey,” I said, walking out of my grandmother’s front yard and down the street, away from where my house was. “Can you call the rest of the girls and meet me at the park a few blocks away from my house in five minutes?”

“Of course I can, Jordan,” Lexi informed me, sounding concerned as well as excited. “But what do you need to see us for? Is everything okay?”

“Everything’s fine,” I grumbled, staring down at my ruined shirt as I continued on walking. “I’ll tell you everything when I see you guys.”

I could tell Lexi was nodded, even though we were only over the phone. “Okay. I’ll call the rest of the girls. See you.”

“See you.”

I took my time all the way to the park, since I knew that my friends were going to take longer than five minutes to get there. The park that we were going to wasn’t the best one, and it had barely any lighting whatsoever even though it was already dark outside. But this was the only place that we could meet without getting caught, so this was what we were going to have to deal with.

Luckily, right when I got to the park, the girls got there as well. Chelsea had brought a flashlight, since she knew how dark the park got at night even when your eyes adjusted to the darkness, and I knew that that was a smart idea if I wanted to show them the stain on my shirt that Jesse had given me.

“Well?” AJ asked after we had all sat down on a bench. “What happened? Why did you call us all here?”

“Because,” I began, grabbing the flashlight from Chelsea and shining it on my shirt, “this happened.”

The four girls looked at me with their eyes wide, and my eyes were starting to get used to the dark so I didn’t have to use the flashlight so see them. Luckily, one of the few lights that were in the park was only a few feet away from us, so that also helped as well.

“What happened?” Lexi asked, her hands flying to her mouth in complete shock. “That’s your favorite shirt, Jordan! It’s ruined!”

“I know it’s ruined,” I grumbled, handing Chelsea her flashlight before crossing my arms over my chest. “There’s no way this stain will ever come out.”

Unfortunately, I had let go of the flashlight too early. I thought Chelsea had a good grip on it, but being the klutz that she was, she didn’t. It dropped to the ground, smashing and breaking.

“Well, there’s goes our light,” Aimee informed us flatly, as if we didn’t know.

“Let’s move closer to the street light over there,” AJ suggested, pointing toward the only source of light that was anywhere near us. We headed toward it, and luckily there was a bench right under it. The light wasn’t that great, but at least we could see properly…

“Ow!” Chelsea suddenly cried, and I heard her fall to the ground right afterward. I wasn’t surprised that she had fallen down, since she pretty much did every single day. And since it was dark, it definitely wasn’t in her favor. “My glasses! I lost my glasses!”

“Well, how the heck are we supposed to find them in the dark?” AJ asked, and I heard her squat down onto the ground next to Chelsea. “I’m telling you, you should just get contacts! It’ll be easier for everyone!”

“Not if a contact falls out,” Chelsea countered, and I could tell she was feeling around for her glasses. “That’ll be even harder to find than glasses!”

“I found them,” I responded calmly after a few minutes of the girls bickering about how she should just get contacts and lose her glasses for good. I handed Chelsea her lost glasses, and she quickly put them on and we continued over to the lighted bench.