Spike

Sunlight poured in through the curtains as Sam stretched moose-ishly. "Come on, Sam, I'll let you see Gabriel now." Sam was out of the bedroom before Bobby even finished, stumbling into his shoes, looking for the other one. "What are you doing?" Bobby asked, watching as Sam searched everywhere.

"I lost my shoe." He replied with great distress, not looking up from his search. Bobby shook his head. "Idgit." He muttered. Sam grinned wildly as he found his shoe. "Hurry up!" He called to Bobby before flinging his coat haphazardly across his shoulder, and dashing to the old truck.

Dean moaned loudly as he bit into the pecan pie he'd ordered from the Starbucks café in the hospital. "This reminds me of how we met." Castiel smiled shyly. Dean took his hand from across the tabletop. "I made a good impression if, after watching me down a pie, you wanted to see me again." Castiel laughed softly, a sound Dean couldn't get enough of. "I love you, Cas." Dean said, staring Castiel in the eye. Castiel met his gaze evenly. "I love you too, Dean." He replied. "Oh, hey look, it's Sam." Castiel mentioned casually. (Or should I say Cas-ually? Ok. Kill me now.)
Sam joined the group, looking anxious and worried sick. One of his shoes was also gone. "Uh, Sam? You do realize you're missing a shoe, right?" Sam cocked his head, looking down under the table. "Well, shit." He said. Dean rolled his eyes. "Well, we better go see Gabriel before Sam goes completely insane." He picked up his plate and set it in his lap, wheeling himself to the trash can and throwing it away. "Are we all ready to go?" He asked. Sam nodded his head rapidly. Castiel stood up and pushed Dean into the elevator, Sam leading the way as if they were lost sheep. Dean could almost imagine him calling, "this way, my flock!" In shepherd's clothing. He mentally laughed at the image so as not to alert anybody of his level of sanity.

Sam eagerly bounded into Gabriel's room, instantly picking up his cold hand, running a hand over his cheek and kissing him full on the lips in one fluid motion. Dean couldn't help but feel sorry for his brother. He didn't know what he'd do if Castiel ever got hurt. "Dean!" Sam's voice was at least two octaves higher than normal and Dean winced. "He's waking up!" Sam screamed. Dean shook his head incredulously. "See? His heartbeat picked up when I kissed him! He's still alive!" Sam ran to hug his brother, tearing himself away the next second, once again going to Gabriel. "Come on, Gabe. You've got this. Wake up, baby." He encouraged. Gabriel's heartbeat had dropped to its usual thrum now, but Sam had seen it spike. He wasn't giving up now.