Chapter 33

Audrey

I spun around and faced my mate. "You didn't tell me that you were coming!" Thomas exclaimed, wrapping his arms around the woman.

She smiled at him, hugging him back. "Surprise" she squealed. Thomas pulled away from her and motioned to me. Before any words even left his mouth, the woman cut him off. "I have already met my future daughter-in-law. She is gorgeous" the woman told Thomas. I thanked her, still unaware of her name.

"This is my mother, Stacy. But she will probably insist that you call her Mom" Thomas informed me. I smiled, holding my hand out for her to shake. "One thing about my mom-" he started before she pulled me closer to her and hugged me. "She's a hugger" he said with a laugh.

I chuckled as I pulled away from Stacy. "I can tell" I stated. "It's great to finally meet you" I told Stacy kindly. "I heard that this one is a really big Momma's boy" I said, remembering Jesse's words.

Stacy laughed as Thomas turned a light shade of red. "It's really great to see you, Mom. But we were about to go" Thomas said apologetically.

I could tell that he missed his mother. He was doing this more for my benefit than his. "It's alright. It wasn't that important. Spend time with your mother" I insisted.

Thomas was about to argue, but his mother beat him to it. "Nonsense. I'll catch up with everyone here. I can see when two mates need some alone time" she said with a teasing smile. "I don't see a mark on that neck either. Do you not swoon her enough, Thomas? I thought I have taught you well about mates" she chastised lightly.

My mate shook his head, letting out a small chuckle. "You did, Mom. Things have just been... hectic" he stated, choosing his words slowly. I nodded in agreement with him.

"Even more reason to go out!" Stacy exclaimed. She moved around us and lightly pushed us towards the exit.

Thomas chuckled and asked his mother to stop pushing us. "In case you haven't noticed, my mate isn't wearing any pants" he pointed out. She looked down and nodded her head. "So we should stop going to the door and go to her bedroom" he suggested slowly.

Stacy apparently didn't agree with her son. "Nope. Her pants would've come off sooner or later" Wow. She is one blunt woman. "Fine" she dragged out, stopping her pushing. "But you know. When you guys do have kids, I love babies. I would babysit any time. You guys can go off and make more kids while you leave me with the kids. The more the merrier!" she exclaimed before bounding down the hall.

I let out a deep breath. "Your mother is interesting. Very energetic. Very blunt. Very-"

"Pushy?"

Shaking my head, I looked at the woman who was turned towards us and motioned for us to hurry up. "Persistent. She is very persistent" I corrected as we entered my bedroom. Thomas sat on the bed as I slipped on undergarments and a pair of shorts. "We really don't have to go. Your mother just came back from her trip. We can stay" I told him.

He shook his head. "She will definitely be here when we come back" he said with a chuckle. I laughed, nodding in agreement. Thomas took ahold of my hand and began walking out with me in tow. "Where do you want to go?" he asked.

I shrugged. "Food sounds nice"

Thomas smiled. "Food is a given. Where would we go after we eat?" he questioned. I quietly thought about it while we walked. I was just gonna ask if we could just eat then come back. There are a lot of things to do at the castle.

Thomas's mother had just arrived. All this stuff with Keith. All of the people who met their mates need to join packs. I want to meet a few people's mates. I want to get to know Gardenia's mate better along with Charlie and Tai. I want to make sure everything is fixed between Veronica, Sammie, and Emily. I want to see if Sam and Jesse took my scolding seriously and got back on track with their responsibilities.