Chapter 34

Audrey

We arrived at Luisa's- which was apparently a french restaurant. "Luisette was a rogue- a wonderful woman. Her nickname was Luisa. She passed away last year, and her family kept her restaurant open" Thomas informed me as we walked to the entrance. Hand in hand, we entered the restaurant.

Immediately, a man came up to us. "Thomas" he greeted my mate, giving him one of those guy hugs. "This must be your mate" he guessed as he smiled at me. "I'm Christian. That's my name, not my religion" he joked.

I laughed, shaking his hand. But he pulled me closer and placed a kiss on each cheek. Faire la bise. I think that's what they call it in France. I pulled away. "I'm Audrey. It's nice to meet you" I introduced myself.

"Come. You guys get the special room" Christian told us. We followed him through the restaurant. Most people were older and posh-looking. They sent us questioning glances as if we didn't belong here. I ignored them and instead observed the restaurant.

There were christmas lights strung along the walls. A few bouquets of flowers were in some vases and placed in the corners. There was a small bar in the center of the restaurant with five workers tending to all the customers. Christian led us through french door and into a private room with only a few tables scattered about. It was completely empty.

He motioned for us to sit. Thomas pulled out a chair for me. I thanked him before sitting down. "What will it be?" Christian asked, pulling out a notepad and pen.

We didn't even have menus. "I came here a lot. I know everything on the menu" Thomas explained. I nodded in understanding. Thomas whispered something in Christian's ear and he started writing on his notepad. I guess Thomas is ordering for the both of us. It's a good thing that I'm not allergic to anything.

Christian laughed as he wrote some more down. "Tout suite" Christian said in a chipper voice before exiting the room. He gently closed the doors behind him.

"I have no idea what he just said"

Thomas chuckled. "The exact translation is right now. So it's basically saying right away" he explained. "Do you like the restaurant?" Thomas asked, changing the subject.

I quickly nodded my head. "It's gorgeous" I said in awe. I flipped my cup right side up and placed my napkin on my lap. That's what people do in nice restaurants, right? "When my mom told us to go out tonight, I did not expect you to go all out like this" I admitted.

He shrugged. "I've been wanting to. But we've never had the right time. Now isn't the ideal time either. But my mom said that she would keep everyone from bothering us for the next couple of days" he explained. I wanted to ask what else he had planned, but I knew he wouldn't tell me. I stayed quiet, toying with the table cloth.

I was slightly scared. Surprises are fun and all. But there's always that possibility that the surprise won't be fulfilling. I would enjoy anything that Thomas gives me, but what if he expects something in return. I'm not good with these types of things. "You're nervous" Thomas pointed out. "Why?"

Mustering up a smile, I shook my head as Christian came into the private room. Perfect timing. "You're café- or coffee in English" he placed mugs in front of Thomas and I. Christian let out a little laugh as he saw me sip my coffee. I raised an eyebrow. "In France, coffee is usually the last thing we serve. But we'll make an exception for you two"

I smiled, thanking him. He nodded before leaving once again. "So how long are we going to be gone?" I asked Thomas.

He shook his head at me. "You can't change the subject" he said sternly. I frowned at the fact that I got caught. "Why are you scared?" he questioned.