Chapter 15

Thomas

I let Audrey go upstairs after she claimed to go shower. Going into the kitchen, I grabbed an apple and started munching on it. "Hey, Thomas" Gar greeted me as she emerged from the doorway. "Where's Audrey?" she questioned.

I swallowed my food before answering her. "She's gonna shower" I stated before an ache erupted in my chest. Frowning, I looked up at the ceiling. I knew I was feeling Audrey's pain. She was sad, and I knew for a fact that she was crying. "Can you get your mother for me, please? Tell her that I'll be in my office" I asked.

Gar nodded her head. "She went back to the castle last night, so it might be a while until she gets here" she informed me.

"That's alright. I'll just wait in my office for her" I stated before walking off with my apple. My wolf was begging me to go to Audrey. So I did.

After walking up the stairs, I stopped in front of one of the guest rooms. I could hear the soft sounds of water hitting the floor in the shower. Slightly louder than the water, was the sound of Audrey crying. Every sob was like a stab to the chest. I placed my hand on the door knob, but didn't open the door.

She might not even want to see me, right now. And even if I did go inside, I would just have to wait outside of the bathroom. Going inside of the bathroom would just be crossing boundaries. I dropped my hand and slowly backed away from the door. If she needed me, then she would've stayed with me instead of coming up here.

I wish that I could somehow ease her pain. But I can't if she won't let me. She almost opened up. Almost.

Audrey told me that she accepted the fact that she was kidnapped; but it is obvious that she hasn't moved on from it. If she still wants answers, then she didn't move on. She cried a lot. I didn't mind, though. She needed to cry; and I was glad to be her shoulder to cry on.

However, when we were almost home; it was like she just shut down. In the matter of a few seconds, she pushed out all of the sadness and was complete bare of her emotions. It was as if she put on a emotionless mask. The few words that she spoke were just dull. Void of any and all emotions. Honestly, seeing her like that was scarier than the day she was making lunch.

It was when Keith wasn't awake. She was so pissed at me. I thought she would never forgive me for hurting him. I thought she would hate me forever. I feared that I would never get a chance to love like my mother and father. That's what I've always dreamed about: to love my mate like my father loves my mother. Its all I ever wanted. But when she slapped me and yelled at me; it scared the shit out of me.

Yeah. The Alpha was scared of his mate that's like 5'3". But I wasn't scared of her physically. I knew that I deserved every hit that she gave me, and then some. I was scared of what she could verbally and emotionally do. She could've yelled at me and continued to paint me as some evil villain. Hell, she could've even rejected me! She could've said that she hated me. If she said anything like that; it would be like twisting the knife that went through my chest.

I've only known her for a few weeks; but honestly I would do anything for her. I would give up anything for her. Jesse and Sam would say that I'm whipped, and I wouldn't deny it at all. She has me wrapped around her finger. I'm not even sure she knows it.

"Earth to Thomas!" a voice snapped me out of my thoughts. Shaking my head, I looked at Jesse- who had an amused smirk on his face. "Why the hell are you creeping on your mate?" he questioned. "You're being such a perv- just waiting for her to get out of the shower!"

Always such a dramatic. I rolled my eyes. "I was thinking. And don't even call me a perv. You're the one who walked into the girls bathroom in Target and hid in a stall for two hours!" I whisper-yelled. It would be horrible if Audrey heard me.