Chapter 22

Audrey

"Sweetie. Time to wake up" Eve cooed as she rubbed my back. I sighed and sat up. "Wait. Did you even sleep?" she questioned.

I shook my head while running a hand through my hair. "I have this feeling. It's been keeping me up all night" I informed her with a sigh.

Eve's expressions turned sympathetic as she gently brushed my hair out of my face. "It's the mate bond. Mates aren't meant to be away from each other. That's what the feeling is. You're missing a part of yourself" she told me softly.

Pouting, I searched her eyes for any signs of dishonestly. But I couldn't find any. "You're just saying that so I will go back to Thomas" I noted.

A smile tugged at her lips, but she shook her head. "As much as I want you guys to be together; I'm not gonna manipulate you into going back" she stated. I nodded as a yawn escaped my lips. "I'll make you some coffee. Go get dressed" she urged.

After thanking her, I trudged into the bathroom to wash up. Day one and I already feel like going back. It's not that I don't like being with my family. It's just this stupid feeling. I can't shake it. It's like I need to go back. I need to be with him.

I groaned as I ran my hand down my face. "Stop being such a needy bitch" I demanded myself. Casey was cackling in my head, but I knew that she had the same feeling as me. It was abandonment. I was alone. I had my family around me, but it didn't feel whole without Thomas.

Shaking the thoughts out of my head, I finished getting ready. I packed a small bag when I left with Jacobs, so I had clothes to wear that were actually mine. I did my best not to think about my mate, and I am proud to say that I did pretty well.

Downstairs, I made my way to the main kitchen. I got a tour of the castle last night, and I went around a few times to get more familiar with it. I quickly spotted Asher, Eve, Jacobs, Matthew, Elise, Brian, Shawn, Britney, Hope, Peyton, Scott, and Gar chatting around the kitchen island. Apparently, Matthew, Brian, Shawn, Jacobs, Scott, and Ryan are all my uncles. However, I'm only related to Matthew.

I learned that Brian is Asher's Beta for the Blue Moon pack. Shawn is Ryan's Beta for the Royal Pack- which Matthew and Elise will take over along with Shawn and Britney's son as the Beta. I haven't met their son yet. He's the Henry guy that Dave and Gar suggested I stay in his house. Anyways. Peyton is Brian's mate. I had finally met Jacobs' mate, Hope. And Scott is just a guard who is close to the family; he's pretty cool though.

Needless to say, I'm surprised that I had remembered all of their names and relationships to the family. "Morning, young wolfie" Jacobs teased, using the nickname he gave me. I rolled my eyes and took the mug that Eve was handing me. "Wolfie isn't a morning person" he noted.

I scoffed and sipped on the coffee. "I just don't function until I get coffee" I stated.

"Audrey without coffee is like Eve without Hot Cheetos" Asher noted. I nodded in agreement, knowing how much she loves those chips. Those are pretty good in my opinion, but I think I like hot fries better. They are similar, but there's something about hot fries that makes them better than Hot Cheetos. I would never tell Eve that though.

I downed the rest of the hot drink and put my cup in the sink. "So what are we doing today?" I asked, plastering a smile on my face. Thomas was still on my mind. That indescribable feeling of being away from him was eating me from the inside-out.

They all gave me sympathetic looks, seeing right through my smile. "Well, Dave and Riley went to gather everyone else. So you can spend today with them" Asher informed me. I nodded my head and gave him a small 'thanks'. By everyone else, he means the people I grew up with, the rogues. Whether they were witches or werewolves, we were all still rogues.