Chapter 3

Y/N's pov:
My parents exchange uneasy looks with eachother and I just look at them in silence finally my dad sighs and says to me "the possibility of you being.... It was very high but we were hoping that you wouldn't be" I say "what do you mean by 'very high'?"
My mom says "since we both are... You know, this increases the possibility of your... Thing but we weren't 100% sure" "so you knew?why didn't you ever tell me?" "because we were counting on that small chance that you wouldn't be " My dad asks me"how many factions did you get?" "three:dauntless, erudite, amity" "that's a high level of it" " well ai guess the gene was doubled" "that's right,but did you tell anyone else?" I shake my head "that's good,you mustn't tell anyone about this" I nod my head "which faction should I choose?" my parents exchange a look and my father says"the safest would be ami..." my mom interrupts " you should choose whichever you prefer "she smiles at me.

That night,I toss and turn in my bed,having recurring nightmares with Jeanine Mathews's voice in my head repeating divergent over and over again,when I finally wake up,I breath a sigh of relief, I get up and take a quick shower, after that I wear my favorite blue jeans and a white top along with my favorite blue jacket,I let my hair down unlike usual, today I want to be different, I force a smile at myself in the mirror and go out,while waiting for my parents to get ready,I think about the things they said yesterday, they told me that they were both transfers,my dad from dauntless and my mom from amity which is probably the reason for my test results,I think about the pros and cons of each of the three factions like any normal erudite would, 'okay,if I go to amity, I'll be safe,but erudite is my home and dauntless... ' well the truth is I've always wanted to be dauntless, I've always admired them for their bravery and courage, and deep down I wanted my aptitude test results to be positive for dauntless which happened, sort of," are you ready,honey?" I look at my mom,she has put on her best smile for today but I can tell it's fake,she knows as well as I do that the possibility of me staying here is very low,but still she is pretending to be happy, for me.
The car ride is short and it feels like the more I want it to last the faster it goes by,when we get to our destination I hold my mom's hand, she squeezes my hand as a sign of affection, and I squeeze back,we enter the elevator and as we go up, I think about how fast these moments are going by,after that all we have to do is find seats next to Will's family,and then we sit and listen to Marcus Eaton talk about this and that,I actually don't even care,I look over at Will he's looking at th dauntless kids,He probably got dauntless, it must be easier for him to choose,I have to choose among three factions and he only has to decide wether or not he wants to join where he belongs,his answer is probably yes,finally tgey start calling names,one by one the children go and sooner than I expected, my name is called.
I walk over to the stage,I take a clean knife from Marcus eaton amd I hover above the bowls,I try to imagine how I would be in any of these factions,'okay,candor is completely out of the picture,I can definitely not tell the truth all the time,abnegation is probably not the best place for me which leaves me three factions' I keep asking myself if I want to be in amity,dauntless or erudite, and finally I find the answer, it has been clear to me since the beginning, I've always known where I belonged and I start to wonder why it took me so long to realize it,finally I cut my hand a bit and let my blood drop.