.:Driving Myself Insane:. Chapter Twenty Two

Julia wasn't exactly that nice to me. Apparently, she was one of Riley's 'fan girls' so she resented the heck out of me. But, she'd agreed to help me, since she had a feeling Riley and I wouldn't last. Her room wasn't exactly that comforting either. It freaked the hell out of me. I mean, Courtney's was a little girly, sure, but it didn't look like Barbie threw up all over the God damned place. Seriously. The walls were pink. Pink. Who does that to their poor walls? It's heart breaking.

So, I told Julia everything as if she were some friend of mine. Yeah, no. We rarely ever talked to each other unless we were doing a project together or bumped into each other in the hall. Other than that, we didn't even notice each other. Some friendship, huh? 

"Let me get this straight." Julia said slowly. "You kissed him. . .Then told him that you wouldn't be with him? How stupid is that?! It would have hurt him less if you hadn't gotten his hopes up, then crushed them five seconds later."

I winced. She was right. God, I'm so dumb. I tried my best not to start crying again, because of two reasons: I didn't want Julia to see me cry over Colby and Jackson had seen me cry enough.

Jackson patted me on the shoulder. "It's not your fault."

I shrugged his hand off me. "Yes, it is. Julia, just tell me what to do."

"Well," she said. "I'd suggest leaving him be for a few days. He'll just think you're playing with his feelings. Hell, maybe leave him alone until you break up with Riley." She said Riley's name as if he were some god. Maybe she was hoping that since she'd said that, I'd dump him sooner. I wasn't sure. As annoying as he was, I actually did like him. Yes, I know. How horrible. But, hey, it was kinda forced.

"Then what?"

"Man, why ask me? I don't even have a boyfriend. I've been drooling over the same guy for years and years."

Just like Colby's been drooling over you, Katherine.

That horny voice had gotten pissed off at me. It seemed really ticked off that I hadn't slept with Colby. Little perverted part of my thoughts. So evil. It was also mad at the fact that I'd hurt Colby, but I guess every part of my being was mad at myself. Even the sane side was hurting. 

I shook my head. "I don't know. I'll see you tomorrow."

Jackson asked. "Are you going to be okay if I just drop you off?"

"Jack, I'm not some baby. I can handle myself. God."

* * * * * * * * * * * * 

The next day, I almost started crying when I saw Colby. No, he didn't look hurt. He looked almost emotionless. But, when someone started talking to him, he smiled as if he was alright. 

I felt arms go around my waist. "Hey baby."

I turned around in Riley's arms. "Don't you dare call me baby." 

"Why? I was thinking of making a song called baby. Like baby, baby, baby oooh baby, baby, baby, no-"