.:Driving Myself Insane:.

I hate him. Everything about him. From his ocean blue eyes that  every other girl gets lost in, to that cocky little grin. Couldn't he leave me the hell alone?! The answer: Apparently not. Jerk. 

I was realizing my ever lasting hatred for Colby Tozier all over again as the vanilla milkshake he'd 'accidentally' dropped on me flowed down my face. Don't ask me why he decided to pick on me everyday, but not any one else. It was totally and completely beyond me. As far as I could guess, his brain was so small that he could only target his evilness on me. That bastard. 

I growled, "What the hell?!" My reaction caused that annoying grin to spread on his face. Oh, how I hated that smile. And him. Couldn't forget how much I hated him. I mean, whenever he was around, my body started flaming up, I could barely think, and I felt like someone punched me in the stomach. If that wasn't pure hatred, I don't know what is. 

Colby shrugged, "Guess the shake magically flew out of my hand and wanted to say hello to you." He slowly smirked, but it seemed hesitant. I didn't notice it, of course. I was too busy trying to kill him with my glare.

While I couldn't find appropriate words to say, my best friend, Courtney, did. She was Colby's cousin, though, so whatever she would say couldn't be as bad as I'd want to say. "Colby, my mom-"

"Is your mom, not mine." Colby pointed out. Of course, it would have been impossible to tell his mom, seeing as she died a year ago. I remembered when he slipped into a small state of depression, when I'd almost felt sorry for him. I would hate losing my mom. Then again, I never really saw her in the first place ever since she married that Justin guy. 

Colby's sister, Ashley, piped up from the other side of the cafeteria table, "What about dad? He'll be mad." Funny, how I hated Colby with every fiber of my body yet I hung out with his family. And they were the only ones who bothered speaking to Colby right now. My cousin, Alina, my sister, Tina, and her boyfriend, Skyler, were dead silent, watching.

I stood up, "Whatever! Tattling is for five year olds anyway. I'm getting this crap out of my hair." I pushed past Colby and stormed out the cafeteria, with almost everybody watching. 

Not long after, I heard Alina and Courtney a few yards behind me, "Katherine! Wait up!" My cousin said. I turned and frowned, asking "What?!"

Courtney said, "Let us help you. I think I've got some extra clothes in the car." She went outside to look for it, leaving me with Alina. She watched Courtney go out the door then looked at me with her brown eyes, the color of eyes that seemed to run in our family.

She sighed, "Colby's a jerk. Just ignore him." 

I turned and started toward the bathroom again, "Don't I already? He doesn't care."

"Um, this might be a bad time to tell you...."

I stopped in the bathroom, in front of the mirror, "What?"

Alina sighed, "Well, we were going over who we're inviting to your 'surprise' birthday party," she paused. It wasn't really a surprise. I'd walked into the girls planning it, but they insisted they wanted to do all the work. I didn't really want a party in the first place, so I figured why not? 

I froze, "Please tell me you didn't invite Riley." I said, referring to my ex who broke my heart two - almost three - years ago by cheating on me with some red head skank. He was, in a way, worse than Colby, since Colby didn't take drugs, drink, and physically abuse me.

My cousin grimaced, "Ew. No. Um, well, Jake decided to help too so...He insisted on inviting Colby. Even Courtney went along with it." I frowned at that. Jake was Courtney's brother, making him Colby's cousin and best friend. Great.

I scowled, "Why the hell would they do that?! Courtney knows how much I hate him!"

"I have no idea, exactly," she shrugged. "They said it was important."

Yeah, it was very important that Tozier would ruin my birthday too. God. I thought I was going to have at least one day away from him. Obviously not. 

"Hey, Blakeslee." A horribly familiar voice said from behind me. I looked at Colby through the mirror, scowling. 

"Aw, you finally realized you don't belong in the boys bathroom?" I asked sarcastically. 

"If I were a girl," he smirked. "Then half this school would be lesbians." He grinned while I rolled his eyes. He got whatever girl he wanted. Stupid player.

"What the duck do you want?" I growled, watching his eyebrows raise at 'duck.' 

Colby held up a white towel and tossed it at me before turning and leaving. Why the hell would he help me, even if it was minor? Alina stared at him then dropped her jaw, as if she just now realized how stupid Colby can be.

"Oh God. This isn't good. Th-" She started pacing. 

I stared at her, "What?!"

Alina stopped dead in her tracks and looked at me, "Nothing. Absolutely nothing. You'll find out on your birthday, I think. Um, er, I'll go finish my lunch. I'll get Tina to help you and Courtney. See ya, cuz." She hurried out of the bathroom, leaving me completely clueless. What was it?! What wasn't good? It had to do with Colby, didn't it? Great. 

Guess I'll have to carry a crow bar at my birthday, just in case.