.:Driving Myself Insane:. Chapter Eleven [Colby's POV]

Okay, I guess I lied. This chapter is going to be in Colby's point of view! I was planning on another chapter near the end in his point of view, too, so be ready for that. WARNING: It's short. It's kinda like a bonus chapter

__________________________________________

Knowing she was with Riley was torture. Sure, she said it wasn't a date, but I didn't trust him. I'm sure Katherine didn't trust him either, which made me feel a bit better.

I kept thinking I should go there, to the mall, just to be sure she was okay. But what would that prove? That I'm a stalker? That I thought she wasn't able to take care of herself? I was also thinking of taking Jake or maybe even Conan or Blake along, to make it look like we were innocently hanging out, but she knew that Jake told me where Riley would be.

God damn it! I hated feeling like this. Yeah, I should be used to it by now, but the feeling still sucked. Badly. 

Then when she had hugged me earlier, it was sort of a mixture of pleasure, confusion, pain and regret. Pleasure because the feeling of being in her arms was undescribable, confusion because I thought she hated me, pain because I knew she didn't feel the same and regret because I spent so much time annoying her when I should have been nice to her. 

So, I guess 'love sucks' is an understatement of the century.

Nah, it didn't only suck, it hurt. It turned the world upside down, made wrong things seem right and most of all, it confused the living hell out of you. Now that Katherine knew, I didn't know what to do. It was still a lot easier than it used to be. I hated being a total jackass to her. I could be myself now.

"Mr Tozier? Your ID?" The paint/mechanic dude waved his dirty, paint-stained hand in front of my face.

I blinked, "What? Oh, yeah, sorry. Distracted." I took out the ID from my jean pocket and held it out to the man. I wasn't sure why he'd even need it. A few seconds later, he gave it back.

"This your car?" He asked. His name was Kenny, or maybe he just had a fake name tag. For all I knew, his name could be Elvis. Not that I really cared. I responded by shaking my head.

"Mhm...Dads? No? Moms-" I winced at that one, shaking my head again, "-Girlfriends?"

"Eh," I shrugged, "Not exactly."

Kenny told some of the employees to get started on the Camaro before turning to me, "What do you mean?"

I found myself breaking down, losing all the little control I'd been able to obtain, and spilling all my problems to a man I haven't known for any longer than five minutes.

"Hm. So, this Katherine girl...She's pretty amazing?" He asked, oddly seeming interested. It was almost like this was some kind of movie or TV show to him. I nodded, so he continued, "But, at this exact moment, she's with some drug addict? Yet, you're here, telling your mechanic about how heart broken you are?"

I had to admit, it sounded pretty stupid. It was worse that he was giving voice to my negative thoughts.

Kenny patted me on the shoulder, "Well, I heard in this once song, that if your heart doesn't break, it's not love. Does she know? That you love her? Not that you've got the hots for her, but that you feel the real deal for her?"

"Well..." I trailed off, "No. Not at all. It's way too soon."

He studied me, "That's where you're wrong. You've felt this way for a while now, correct? Yeah. It's late. And if you wait any longer, it won't matter. She'll be with this Riley lad." 

I stared at him. A wise mechanic. Weird. That's like teachers being nice. Unheard of. Or like parents once being kids! Unimaginable. The weird part was that Kenny was right. There'd never be a right time. I'd always find an excuse not to tell her. So why wait? Of course, I wouldn't confess to her the minute I saw her again. 

"Now, go wait. You're probably pissing off the other costumers." He told me. I nodded, starting to walk away. When I was close to the chairs, Kenny called, "Oh, and Mr Tozier? I've been in your shoes before. It's a good thing you let her know. My girl's married to my former best friend now." I felt sorry for him. I'd hate if Katherine married Jake, especially since I would be forced to go to their wedding since I was his cousin. I'd never be able to escape them, unless I moved to Alaska! She wasn't Jake's type, but still. At least I didn't have to worry about that. No, I only had to worry about Riley.

Some time later, Katherine's car was done. It was now blue, which Courtney said was Katherine's favorite color. 

Now to leave the car at her place and have Blake take me home. With a quick stop on the way, of course.

Driving Myself Insane (Original)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara