.:Driving Myself Insane:. Chapter Two

While Courtney helped me clean up, along with Tina, I kept asking them why in hell they would allow Colby to come. I mean, I hated him! They knew it. Everybody knew it! Whoever didn't know it had been hiding under a rock for the last seven years. 

I could tell Tina had no idea by the look on her face. Whenever she lied, she bit her lip, said 'freaking' way too much, and looked to the left at least three times. Talk about a bad liar. Some actually believed her sometimes, though. The ones who didn't know her. I, however, had been stuck with her my entire life. 

Courtney refused to tell me. What kind of person kept secrets from her best friend? A weird one! I'm not going to say bad because Courtney probably means well. If she didn't, she'd be pure evil and that's just not like her. Evil is more like Colby's thing. Nah. I take that back. Annoying is Colby's thing. 

The rest of the school day went perfectly normal, right up until the very end. I was stuffing all my homework into my backpack, throwing whatever I didn't need into my locker. God, I hated math. Sure, I was epic in the class and got nothing but A's, but was it necessary to give us homework every freaking day? I mean, we're not going to be young forever so why waste teenagers youth on numbers that currently mean nothing to us.

I straightened up, turned around and slammed right into some one. Guess who?

Colby? Nope.

It was -

"Riley." I said through gritted teeth. Ugh, his presence alone was enough to make me want to punch a hole into the locker. 

He flipped his hair. God, if it was that annoying, why don't you just cut the damn thing?! I hated when he flipped his hair. He grinned at me, "Hey Kat."

I scowled, "Don't even call me that. What the hell do you want?" He called me that all the time when I'd made the mistake of dating him. Why I ever did in the first place, I'm not sure.

"Oh, I'm doing good. Thanks for asking." He said sarcastically while I glared at him. Then he continued, "Saw Tozier dump some drink on you earlier. I almost came to help." He leaned by the locker. He said 'Tozier' in some dark way. He'd hated Colby ever since. . .Well, ever since I broke up with him for some reason. He'd came to school the next day with bruises and a black eye, and blamed Colby for it. 

I frowned. "Yep. Colby doesn't seem to take a hint. God, I hate him." Well, it was true. You'd think after all those times I've called him annoying or stupid, he'd realize that I didn't like him. At all.

"See how much you and I have in common? That's why I think we should go out again." He grinned.

I stared at him then burst out laughing, "My God, that's funny. Good joke, Riley. As if I'd ever date you again after the first time." I said, still laughing quietly. Why would I make the mistake of dating him again?! He wasn't even that good looking, even though many other girls thought so. I didn't get them. Maybe they were diseased.

He had eyebrows that didn't even match his hair color and sort of creepy brown eyes. He just loved to dress up like a gangster kind of guy, with baggy jeans and over sized shirts. He even talked like one. It was so annoying. And he looked a lot younger than he really was. You'd think he should be in middle school, not a senior in high school.

It was Riley's turn to frown. "I'm serious, Katherine."

I patted his cheek a little harder than necessary a few times, "So am I, Diamond. I'd never date you again." I pushed past him and caught up with Alina and Tina. They were waiting by Alina's blue Jeep. She was the only one with a car, sadly. Tina and I were old enough, with Tina being sixteen and me being only a few days from eighteen. I was almost as old as Alina, but we just didn't have the money. 

In Colby's family, though, every one had a car. Courtney, Jake, Colby, Ashley, and Colby's brothers Conan and Blake did. 

Alina rose her eyebrow, "What did he want? Court saw you with Riley."

I rolled my eyes, "He seriously thought I'd go out with him again."

Tina smirked, "That idiot. You slapped him, right?"

"Not exactly. It wasn't hard enough for a slap, yet too hard for a pat."

Alina asked, "Well, was it closer to a pat or a slap?"

I blinked, "I don't know. Why?"

She said as if it were obvious, "So I can know if it was a pat-slap or a slap-pat."

I shook my head, opening the passenger door, "I'm not going to ask." My sister and cousin got in the car and grinned. 

I frowned, "What's up with the smiles?"

Tina shook her head, "No reason, no reason. Alina, step on it."

Alina smirked, starting to drive, "See? This is why you don't own a car. If you 'step on it' every time you're in a hurry to get somewhere, you'll get a ticket."

I blinked a few times, "In a hurry? Why? It's only home." Why would we be in a hurry? I stared out the window, watching the stupid trees go by. It made no sense. We were never in a hurry to get home before. Heck, we'd think of excuses not to go home most of the time.

There was a short silence before Tina said, "Ah, yes. But t'is our home. And our home shall be treated very specially and not be lonely." 

"Umm, why are you talking like that?" I looked back at her. God, she's so weird. At least, by her level of weirdness, I know she's related to me.

Tina shook her head, "Because I am one with the house." 

Yes, my family is full of weirdos. As far as I could tell, I was the only normal one...Nah, that's a lie. I could be just as creepy as them. When we pulled into the drive way of our house a few minutes later, I frowned. There were way more cars around than usual. Oh no. They  -No! It wasn't my birthday yet! They could have waited until my birthday! I hadn't even gotten the crowbar yet! 

I tensed, "You guys didn't."

Tina groaned, "You figured it out already?" She got out of the car, sighing. Alina did the same. I scowled. Well, it was a bit of a surprise. But not a good one! I wanted it on my birthday, not now! 

Let's just get it over with. I thought. I walked up to the door and opened it.

"SUPRISE!!!!!!!!"