.:Driving Myself Insane:. Chapter Twenty

As time passed, I got more and more confused about my feelings. Not only about my feelings for Colby, but for Riley and Jackson, too. The more I got close to them, the more I thought about them. I was becoming one of those girls who thought of nothing but boys. 

Yes, even my feelings about Riley were beginning to change as I got closer to him. It was different than the first time we dated. Back then, he hit me whenever I bothered him, smoked in front of me, and got drunk before my eyes. But now, he tried doing whatever unhealthy stoner/drunk thing whenever he wasn't with me. Whenever he was, he was usually sober. He didn't abuse me, either. Didn't even hold my wrist too tight, either. He had sweet moments where he actually seemed like he cared. Hell, he even tried acting somewhat polite around my dad. He was still annoying, of course. I guess that was just part of the real him. And, honestly, kissing him didn't make me want to throw up all over the God damn place anymore. Shocking, huh?

Jackson was amazing, too. He seemed like the most reasonable choice, seeing as I'd never once hated him. There was always the fact that he'd dated my cousin, though. He was charming, understanding, caring, not-so-annoying, all that perfect guy stuff. Not to mention good looking. 

Then, of course, there was the guy that made my annoying, crazy side go. . .Well, go crazy. Colby freakin' Tozier. The one I'd always thought I hated. But no. Sometimes, that annoying voice would scream at me, telling me to knock everything off the table we were sitting at and start making out with him like there was no tomorrow. The worst part was, as the months went on, that voice that still held onto my sanity was slowly fading away. So, yeah, it was obvious. I was going insane.

I'm serious, though. My annoying teenage hormones went crazy whenever Colby was around. I want to believe it's only because he's hot (heartbreakingly sexy is more accurate, actually) but I know that's not true. Jackson was insanely good looking, too, but the voice never begged me to kiss him half to death whenever I was around him. Sadly, the only times Colby had ever kissed me were those two times; one at my birthday party and the other on my birthday.

****************************

"You are going to let us take you shopping for a dress, if it's the last thing you do." Alina said in a highly serious tone, scowling at me.

I frowned. "I can just wear my old homec-"

Tina shrieked. "Your homecoming dress?! But that's too old!"

They were practically forcing me against my will to go clothes shopping with them for the stupid prom thing. We were at Courtney's house. If Courtney had any, I'd bet she's be munching on popcorn as she watched us argue with each other. She never really cared for proms much, same as me, but she would go anyway. She'd already gotten her dress, so she didn't get any screaming from my crazy side of the family.

I scoffed. "So?"

"So?" Alina rose her eyebrows. "So, if you want to impress any of the boys there, you need a new dress." She crossed her arms, glaring at me.

Obviously, this was a very serious subject for them. It was funny watching them get all hyped up about something so stupid.