Chapter 6

Note: Ruby here. So how are you all liking this so far? Sorry there isn't much exciting going on in this chapter, but it is kind of a needed filler chapter that gets things sorted for the story. We hope to have some more comments too, we are more likely to update sooner if we hear that you are enjoy our works. Please also don't forget to vote for us :) Love Ruby xx

*Ruby POV*

I sat down on the rear porch and inhaled a deep breath from my cigarette. Kenzie sure was rubbish at time keeping and she accused me of always being late. She text me ten minutes ago to tell me she would be home in five with the guys who were apparently joining us for movie night.

‘You know smoking is such a bad habit’ I jumped up from where I was sitting to my feet turning around.

‘Holly hell, Norman you scared the crap out of me. What the hell you doing sneaking up on a girl like that’

‘Aww I’m sorry babe’ He laughed as he pulled me into a hug. I took a deep breath in letting my nostrils fill with the smell of old smoke and his aftershave. He smelt tasty.

‘Yeah well you should be. You made me drop my smoke’ He chuckled as I pushed past him wrapping an arm over my shoulder . ‘Where’s the other two?’ I asked as we walked into the house.

‘In the car. Sent me ahead of them.’ We grabbed four beers from the fridge and headed into the lounge.

‘They best not be up to funky business in the car’ I said as I walked over to the blinds and peeked between them. All I saw was Kenzie wiping her eyes and then them both climbing out of the car. ‘Make yourself at home’ I teased Norman who was now lounged in the corner off one of the corner couches.

‘Saved room for you’ He patted the seat next to him. ‘Watching the shining?’

‘Well aren’t you a gentleman’ He nodded as I sat next to him, the way he was sitting meant that I was sat close to him. ‘And yes the shining is always on when it’s horror movie night.’ Kenzie and Jensen somewhat fell through the door laughing. ‘And look what the cat dragged in’ I leaned back so my head was resting on Normans shoulder, and pulled my legs up so they were laying on the couch, he draped his arm over  my shoulder.

‘Well somebody wanted snacks and hot chocolate, so that’s what I’ve been doing.’ Kenzie huffed as she walked to the kitchen. Jensen dropped down onto the other corner couch.

‘How ya doing Jens? Any luck?’ Norman asked. Jensen just rolled his eyes.

‘You know your sister is a stubborn piece of work at times.’ He said as he picked up his drink and took a long sip.

‘Well, she has two older stubborn sisters so she is bound to be. Just don’t give up, I know you both like each other. But a warning you go ago without a good bye, I will personally hunt you down. You didn’t see what a state she was in last time.’

‘Go and rub salt in the wound why not.’ He chuckled. ‘You know I would have done things differently if I could.’

‘Jensen, you don’t have to explain anything to me. Kenzie will come round, just give her time.’ With that being said Kenzie walked back into the room with two big bowels of popcorn. She handed one to me and Norman and one for her and Jensen. ‘Thanks’

‘What were you talking about anyway? She asked as she sat next to Jensen, close, but not close enough to be touching.

‘I was just asking the guys how long they were in town for.’ I said pressing play on the DVD remote.

‘And?’ She asked taking a handful of popcorn.

‘I was just about to say before you came in. We both have another 3 weeks free, so were thinking of just seeing what happens.’