Chapter 15

A/N: I want to thank fallen6661 for all her help with this chapter. I truly appreciate it. :D

:Ruby's P.O.V:

We woke at first light and after a quick drink we wasted no time getting back on the road. We still had a good few miles to go by Jensen's calculations. I just hoped this nightmare would end soon. Lisa's body shoved in that fridge still plagued my thoughts. What kind of human being could do that to another human. Whoever these people were they were sick. I tried shaking the images out of my mind.

We all walked in utter silence, the only sound that filled the still morning air was the sound of our footsteps. Everyone was all so drained, both physically and emotionally, heart broken and a little hungry, that fish didn't fill for long. The only thing that kept me going was the thought that the sooner we reach this town the sooner we can get justice for Lisa.

We had walked about a mile and a half give or take when suddenly out of nowhere Shawn was swooped up into a net ten feet above our head. Leaves flurried through the air, the trap had been well set and there is no way that we would have seen it even if we had been looking out for it. Kenzie and I let out a scream and Shawn a yell as he fought against the netting.

"Shawn, are you okay?" I yelled up to him panicking, my heart was racing.

"Fine, just get me the fuck down from here!" He replied shaking the net like it would casually release him.

"I think they set this out for us." Kenzie said looking panicked, her green eyes wide. Jensen wrapped his hand around her shoulder pulling her close to him.  

"What was that?" I turned to the others and hushed them. They all looked at me concerned, then they heard what I had hushed them for. Somewhere in the near distance leaves were gently crunching. There was no wind and no other noise. It wasn't any of us as we were currently stood still close together. 

"Guys get me the fuck out of this thing." Shawn was with every reason panicking by this point.

"We need something to cut the rope with." I said frantically looking around, hoping maybe I could find a rock with a sharp edge. At this point Norman pulled out a switch blade knife.

"You're far to high up so you'll have to try and catch this okay?" Norman quietly whisper yelled up to Shawn, Shawn pushed his hand through the net to catch the knife. He missed the first time. Norman hurried to try again. This time Shawn caught it and got to work cutting frantically at the rope to try and release himself.

The crunching continued followed by what I can only describe as a swooshing sound then the area fell deathly silent. I gripped Norman and held him close to me, I took hold on Kenzies hand and gripped it tight as we looked around. There was a dull thud on the floor near our feet, we looked over to where the sound had came from and saw Normans blade laying on top of the leaves. Kenzie let out a scream as she looked up into the net. Shawns now limp body hung in the netting with an arrow pierced in the side of his skull. A creepy heckling laugh filled the air not too far away. Jensen grabbed Kenzie's arm while Norman grabbed me as we ran as fast as the terrain would allow. We heard the sounds of running footsteps following closely behind. I scanned the area hoping to find some nook to hide in but we had no luck. Laughter followed.

Half mile of running we found an old hollow log. Jensen went in first followed by Kenzie, me then Norman. We all huddled, crouched in there scared to breath for fear of giving our position away. Thankfully the trees would give us some cover in the shadows. When the sound of footsteps were right outside my breath caught in my throat as I closed my eyes and prayed he wouldn't find us. Time seemed to stand still and I could hear my heartbeat thumping in my ears. I was ever so grateful to hear his foot steps continue running away.

"Don't move yet, it could be a trap." Norman said as quietly as he could. We all remained statue still for the longest time. Which wasn't ideal as being crammed in a hollow log was causing my leg to cramp in the worst possible way. I had to fight through the pain, I couldn't risk moving and giving our position away.

We waited for a further ten minutes,when we were as sure as we could be he was gone we piled out the log and I had to walk off my cramp.

"Lets reach the main road cross to the other side. It will hopefully be safer." Norman suggested in a whisper. With a nod from us all we headed back toward the road.Making sure that they weren't going around in their vehicle befoe crossing to the other side. We again went a few feet in so we were out of the sight of the road and we continued forward hoping by switching sides we were indeed safer. We had to be careful not to cause any attention whatsoever.

My thoughts soon turned to Shawn. My heart broke, now we have lost both him and Lisa, these people needed to pay.

After walking in utter silence for a further mile we found a spot to rest a while grab a drink of water and check to be sure we were still on the right path. From Jensen's calculations we were only a mile and a half away from the town. With that thought in mind we pushed on despite our aching bones, rumbling stomachs. Time to rest will come, but for now we needed to find help.

Kenzie's P.O.V:

We could see the outskirts of town in the far distance. I don't think I've ever been so happy.

"Oh thank god." Ruby sighed out of relief.

"Come on lets go." We quickened our pace to the point we started running. We were going to be same, this nightmare about about to end.

When we reached the town it seemed almost deserted. It had such a eerie vibe it sent a shiver down my spine.

"I don't like this." I said

"No I don't either, guys I think we should leave." Ruby agreed

"And go where?" Jensen asked.

"He's right girls, we don' have anywhere else to go this is our best hope for help, come on."Norman led the way as we head further into town. Most building appeared to be rundown. But we soon came across a diner which had people inside. We opened the door causing the little bell above it to jingle alerting the others to our presence. Everyone in the diner looked at us.

"OH SHIT"