Chapter 4

Note: Ruby here again. So what do you htink of this new story so far? Like Niemo said previously this is all just for fun and for our own amusement so please don't take anything to heart. Hope you all enjoy. as alway please comment and vote :) Love Ruby zz

*Kenzie POV*

‘You know, I still can’t believe Jensen is sat out there in our back garden’ I said with a smile as me and Ruby stood in the kitchen, putting together some vegetable kebab sticks for the grill. Norman had told us at the store that he was a fellow veggie, which was great for me as I meant I got to make extra.

‘Jeesh, how many time do you have to go any say that in a day woman. He is here. I can tell the old feelings have risen from the dead’ She looked at me as she brushed some of her red hair behind her ear.

‘Maybe, maybe not.’ I stuck my tongue out as I grabbed one of the small cherry tomatoes and popped it in my mouth to eat.

‘Well missy. I hope you and him are actually going to do something about these feeling this time around’ She said in a warning tone as she pointed one of the skewers at me. I looked at her blankly. ‘Oh come on, I know how much you fancied him, and how much he fancied you, yet you were both too stupid to make a move.’ I blushed.

‘What if he doesn’t like me that way now?’

‘Please, I mean look at you, you’re my little sister so you’re bound to be hot. You would make a great looking couple. Imagine your babies!’

‘Ok, ok, enough of that.’

‘Hey, I’m just being honest. Although some sisterly advice, always use protection.’ I laughed at her.

‘Erm, sorry to barge in but I don’t suppose I can grab a couple more beers?’ Jensen appeared at the doorway.

‘Sure hun, help yourself, there in the fridge. I don’t suppose you and Norman could light the grill for us could you?’ I asked as he walked over and got two beers out.

‘Yeah no problem babe. We’ll sort it, it is a man’s job anyway.’ He chuckled as he headed back outside.

‘Swoon’ Ruby whispered in my ear making me jump. I turned around and slapped her playfully on her arm. We both laughed and continued chopping up some salad bits.

When we had finished chopping and sorting the food, Ruby poured us a pitcher of JD, Coke and lots of ice to share, which we took outside. Jensen and Norman were both leaning over the BBQ arguing about lighting it. I hadn’t really paid attention to what he was wearing this when we first met up, he was wearing some black board shorts, a white wife beater and a short sleeved blue and white shirt over the top which he wore undone. Norma had cargo shorts on with a military green wife beater top, along with some rayban sunglasses.

‘Please explain to me why it takes two men to light the grill when one of us could do it within five seconds’ Ruby asked loudly as she sat down at the table chucking her cigarette packet on the table.

‘shh or you will hurt their male pride’ I giggled as the men both looked over and shook their heads. ‘I honestly think it’s an ego thing, like us females are supposedly the weaker species.’ There was a poof of smoke from the BBQ

‘YAY!’ Both Ruby and I let out a little sarcastic cheer as they walked over to the table to join us. Norman pulled out his smokes, took one out for himself and offered one to Ruby which she took. ‘Both of you disgusting people go away to smoke them, I don’t want to breath your dirty air’ I said pointing down the garden.

‘Whatever’ Ruby showed me the middle finger playfully as she and Norman got up and walked down to the bench that was at the end of the garden. It then hit me that I would be left alone with Jensen.