chapter 13

:Ruby's P.O.V:

Norman and I headed back to theRV and found the tired had been slashed.

"Shit they know we are here."Norman ran his hands through his hair kicking the tire out offrustration. I headed inside to see if there was any sign of Lisahaven been back, but everything was as we left it. In the neardistance we heard the sound of an approaching vehicle and my heartpounded hard in my chest. Finally some help. I hurried out abouttripping over mu own feet in my haste but the second I exit Normanpulls me back ushering me to go as fast as I can back into the woodedarea. From the safety of the bushes we watched as the old banger fromthe cabin pull up in front of the RV the man got out and opened thetrunk where he pulled out a winch cable hooked it to the RV got backin the banger and towed the RV away.

"What the..?" I was lost forwords.

"We need to go get the others,this is some serious shit." Norman said and led me back toward therun down cottage. I was still trying to process what just happenedwhen we reached the cabin. There were no sign of the others, theymust be inside.

"He will be back in no timewith the RV we need to go in and get them." Norman said looking tome concern deep in his eyes. "You okay?" He asked noticing theshocked expression on my own face. I nodded. "Hey I promised you, Iwon't let anything happen okay." He said holding my face gently inhis hands before taking my hand leading me to the cabin.

:Kenzie's P.O.V:

We cautiously made our way to thecabin. Jensen peered into the filthy window and said it appeared tobe empty. He reached for the door handle and turned. The door clickedopen followed by a loud moan. Jensen stopped ion his tracks waitingfor some reaction from inside should there be anyone in there andthey heard, but after a few long moments it appeared the coast wasclear so we piled in. A thick stench of what I could only describe asrotten flesh smacked me in the face and it took all my will power notto throw up. Covering my nose with my hand I proceeded to lookaround. There were three beds with torn grubby sheets strewn acrossthem a table in the centre covered in what looked like old bloodstains. Shelves were thick with dust and cobwebs and filled with jarsof liquid, some clear, some piss yellow and some appeared to havehuman fingers in them. I wretched, but managed to not throw up.Jensen opened the fridge but quickly closed it eyes wide.

"I found Lisa." He announced.Shawn quickly appeared by his side. "I'm sorry dude, please don'tlook in there."

"Out my way." Shawn tried topush him out the way but Jensen stood firm." "Fucking move."Shawn screamed punching him out of the blue which took Jensen bysurprise and knocked him back a little.

"Shawn!" I gasped and hurriedt make sure Jensen was alright just as Shaw swung the fridge dooropen and stuff in there was Lisa. Well her head and torso anyway. Ishriek in horror and bury my head into Jensen's chest. Shawn stoodthere still, silent.

"Guys hurry he's on his wayback." The front door Burst open causing us to Jump. We quicklyturn to see Ruby. "Is that?...... Oh My God." She turned quicklyaway.

"Hurry guys." Normans voicecame from outside. Jensen slammed the door shut and pulled Shawn ashe still just stood there frozen with shock.

Just as we exit the cabin thebanger came into view in the far distance. Norman and Ruby usher usto take cover behind some of the old cars. I peered up and watchedthe car park outside the cabin through the window of the car I washiding behind. I then notice the RV.

"What the fuck?" Ruby andNorman then quietly proceeded to tell us what happened. When thefreak went back inside we used the cars as cover and made our wayback to the wooded area to discuss our next move.

"I'm scared." I whimpered.Jensen wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead.

"We'll get through this Ipromise."

"How? Lisa is....." I trailedoff. "We have no food, no water and there is a maniac going about,plus I am pretty sure he isn't alone."

"I don't know Kenz." Jensenran his hands over his face. He was just as scared as I was.

"What we need to do is go backto the main road keep walking, we are sure to find a small village orgas station at some point." Ruby suggested.

"Good thinking. We can't justsit here and wait to be found right?" I agreed getting to my feet.

"No, we need to go back andteach those, those freaks a lesson for what they done to Lisa."Shawn barked. Pure hatred a blaze in his eyes.

"Shawn, sweetie I know you arehurting. My heart is breaking too. Lisa would want us to go forwardto find help. Don't go putting yourself in danger." I said rubbinghis back. He looked at me hatred gone and pain replaced it as hiseyes teared up.

"I was supposed to protect her.My Lisa is gone and I let them take her." My heart broke for him. Iwrapped him up in a hug.

"No don't blame yourself, therewas nothing you could have done."

"If only I held on tighter, Ifonly I made her go in front of me..."

"Come on now, shoulda, woulda,coulda won't help. Lisa was one of our best friends and my hear tisbroken too. You are one of my best friends and I hate seeing you likethis but we have to be strong sweetie, we need to find help and getthose fuckers behind bars." Ruby joined at his other side. "Canyou be strong, for Lisa?" He nodded. With that we headed back tothe main road and started to follow it the direction we were headedbefore the accident. I silently prayed we came across some form ofcivility soon and we could get the help we needed.