Chapter Twenty Nine

Ashley's POV

It's been a few months and I feel a lot better about my dad. It feels much lighter in my house now and my mom it doing a lot better. She still gets really upset now and then, but I help her with it. I jump in my truck and turn it on, hearing the roar of the engine I smile and Julian hops in and kisses my cheek. I look into his eyes and kiss him like I always do. I'm lucky to have him.

Two Weeks Before

I wake up and check my phone, seeing that Julian texted me. "Hey, can you come over?" I read the message and smile.

"Sure." I press send and get ready to go. Once Julian turned eighteen, he decided to move out; he finally saved enough money to get himself an apartment. I remember asking him why he wasn't going back home and he told me he didn't have anyone back there anymore. Selfishly, I was happy that there was no reason for him to go home. I'm glad that he has a family here with me and my mom.

"Mom, I'm going to Julian's. I'll be home soon!" I yell through the door and make my way out to my truck.

"Are you going to eat dinner here?" She speaks, poking her head out of the door and I shrug my shoulders.

"I'm not sure, I will text you though. I love you!" I yell back to her and get into my truck.

I turn the radio up and tap my fingers along to the beat and sing loud as I drive down the driveway.

💮

"Hey!" He hugs me and I look up surprised. I love it when he gets in these moods.

"Hi, you're in a good mood." It came out more as a question than a statement and he smiles.

"Yeah, because we are going out to dinner. Tonight!" I smile.

"And when exactly did I agree to this dinner?" I question him and he smirks, leaning up against the wall.

"With that beautiful smile of yours." He winks and I shake my head, chuckling.

"Is that all you wanted to see me for? Or did you have something else you wanted to talk to me about?" I ask, sitting down in the small chair by the old kitchen table.

"Well, I wanted to ask you if you got all of your college stuff figured out." He crosses his arms and I nod my head.

"Yes! I don't know when I'll get the results in but I hope that we'll get accepted into the same university."

"Me too!" He agreets and we sit in silence until Julian turns the TV on. I move over to the couch next to him and look around, noticing how neat everything looks.

"Did you clean up?" I ask him, moving my hand in the air to show the room.

"Uh, yeah. I didn't want you to come in here and get all... Weird." I laugh and hit his arm.

"What do you mean weird? I'm never weird."

"You get weird about messes, soon enough you'd be cleaning the whole place. When all I really wanted was just to give you a hug and watch TV." He smiles and I return the favor. Soon enough the conversation dies and we just watch TV together, like most days when I come over.

💮

We go through the parking lot to the fast food joint just around the corner from Julian's place.

"How's your mom doing?" Julian asks me and I look over at him.

"She's doing better, I invited her to come but she said that she already ate." I speak and he nods his head.