But the words out of my mouth were impulsive and a look of hurt and embarrassment crossed her face. Soft, clear, make-up less face.

What the f-What was I thinking?

And no I didn't feel guilty? Did I? NO.

As if this didn't irked me , when my pencil fell she bent down and picked it up for me. If someone else had been in her place they would have kicked it off far away. Was she this stupidly nice?

"What is wrong with you?" I asked genuinely concerned with her angelic behaviour.

And believe me when I say, I hate everyone including myself and I didn't gave a shit what people thought about me but when she said you ,preventing tears form in her eyes I felt something shatter inside.

***

"Lex, honey, did you give the invites to your friends for the ball?" My mother asked as I tried manoeuvring the car on my play station.

I liked her but I kept my distance. I was not a best son to have and I didn't feel like sharing a lot. I had no sibling and for some reason I hated it. It was like I was born to have nagging siblings.

"Yes, I did." I told her the partial truth.

I handed it over to my on and off girlfriend, Hailey Matthews. She would be doing the distributing.

The ball was nothing but rich people gathering around to show off their wealth. I would have hated it if I didn't get a sexy girl every year to screw with. I was planning to do the same this year. It was a masquerade so I was bound to get out easy, no strings attached.

"Is something wrong?" mom asked.

She was not even my real mother, how she knew such things.

You. Her words echoed in my head.

"Nothing."

"Sure and you suck at lying." She said rolling her eyes and standing between me and screen.

My game stopped and mentally groaned.

"Is it a girl?" She asked and I was taken aback.

It was a girl but now how she thought.

"Yes." I answered trying to get her off my back.

"Is she special?" She asked softly.

"No mom, it is not what you think. She is....she is kind of a nuisance." I put words to her weird presence.

But mom laughed out loud.

"Nuisance? What did she do?" My mom was being-mom, very intrigued.

Just then the door bell rang and I sighed in relief . My mom went to answer the door and I had practically ran upstairs to my room.

I can't have females messing with me head right now.

***

Xander.

Not Alexander, not Lex or Alex what people called me.

Xander. A soft voice said my name like it was a delicacy.

And my heart swelled with adoration.

The dream broke and I realised that it was but a dream that made me smile.

***

I walked to my locker and found a fidgeting Freya standing there with a small bag in her hand. Suddenly I hoped this was not my shirt. There will be no fun left then.