Chapter 12

Edited 2/12/2014 5:52 PM

Days past by after I met Garrett. Nathan was silent most of the time, it was clear to me that seeing Garrett wasn't a good thing for him. From the way they encountered near eachother it was obvious something had happened between them in the past. He was still normal making the casual comments and trying to get a kiss from me here and there, but he wasn't as determined as he was before. I didn't know what Garrett had done to him, but I was going to get it out of him one way or another. That's where I was now, laying on the sofa and trying to think of a plan.

"What to do, what to do." I was home alone at the moment, Nathan had gone saying he had something to take care of, I wasn't too sure on what it was since he left so abruptly. I honestly didn't know what I was going to do when I asked him, maybe casually pop the question. I had gotten more comfortable and used to his presence the last few days. He hadn't revealed much to my disappointment anything more on angels, but he had put in an effort to know me.

"What happened to your parents?" That was the only question I hadn't answered, he had tried a little to persuade me to answer, but I just couldn't. The memory of the night was vague to me. I still remember the faint screams of my mother. I shuddered at the memory I still suffered depressing nightmares from.

~

I heard the slight noise of the door shutting closed waking me up from the drowsy nap I was in. Nathan came into the room with bloodshot eyes. My eyes slithered to the digital clock at his side. 3:00 am. It was late, my nap had maximized from the little thirty minute one I had planned.

"Are you okay?" I gently asked as he slowly and cautiously came forward. He could barely walk in a straight line, he leaned to the sides and was grumbling unintelligible words. He sat down next to me.

That's when I smelt it. The sharp scent was mixed with sweat, and..was that blood? My eyes widened, he was drunk.

"Nathan, what happened?" I layed my hand, touching his forearm, he faced me and squinted a little.

"Lana it's you." He smiled a little as he slurred the words, confirming my suspicions. His hand came up and softly caressed my cheeck. "So soft." He whispered. "But it's not mine yet." He quietly whispered. I was taken aback a little, but not really surprised.

"You're drunk Nathan." Was it even possible for angels- fallen or not to drink? From the result on Nathan, it looked like it most certainly was possible with the same affects that came along with it too.

"No I'm not, I only had about.." He raised his hand up and started counting his fingers. "This much! I think." He held up five fingers.

"That much what?"

"It felt good the name is fun to say too." He grabbed my hand and pushed me towards him. "Come on Lana say it with me. Vodka. Vodkaaaw. If you make the aw longer it sounds like a crow." Vodka? That stuff was strong. I remembered Carmen giving me a shot to try once, just one left me buzzed. I couldn't imagine what five would do to a person or ex-angel in this matter.

"You need to sleep." I got up and pulled him up. He stumbled a little and knocked into me. I helped him straighten up and led him down the hall. I was still supporting him as I tried to open the bedroom door. He was pretty heavy and the extra weight added when he leaned on me to play with my hair wasn't helping. I finally managed to open it up after a while of standing in the hall and struggling.

"I can do it." He let go of me and went towards the bed. He stripped down to his boxer briefs with no shame and pulled the duvet back, climbing into the bed. I nodded and turned around. "Wait Lana."

"Yes." I turned around and looked at him. He moved his body over and motioned for me to come over.

"Please stay." His eyes were pleading and his voice held an edge to it. Other than that one time after I had angered him, this was the only time I'd be in the same bed as him. I slightly nodded. It was late and I was extremely tired. I didn't really feel like getting all the blankets and sleeping on the sofa.