Adina's Mess

~~~~~~~~~~~~
There's a difference between giving up and knowing you've just had enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

ADINA POWERS

Quinns Highschool. Filled to the brim with students with different personalities. But then, weren't all other highschools?

I stood at the entrance of the cafeteria, observing the complex yet cliche hierarchy of a typical high school.

There were the nerds, the goths, the popular kids whose parents had everything, the rebels also known as the detention kids, the list could go on.

Considering that I had my own car, a beautiful black convertible Audi, limited edition accessories, the latest gadgets, the most expensive designer clothes, it would be safe to say that I was popular.

Which I was.

And I hated it. I hated everything I had.

Well, most of them. I did like the designer clothes, shoes and accessories. I wore them since the first day I started wearing clothes so it became an acquired taste.

But my friends and boyfriend, I hated them.

I walked through the crowd of students, waving and smiling at those that waved and smiled, mentally laughing and rolling my eyes at the girls who pointed at my new aqua green Gucci boots.

If only they knew.

I sat on my seat at the table I shared with my squad, took out my packed lunch, yes I packed my lunch, and then I realized that I didn't have the appetite to eat. One question kept plaguing my mind.

How did I get entangled into all this?

A question whose answer I knew quite well. I sat there staring at my food, completely oblivious of the people on the table, as I let my mind travel back to the beginning of this mess.

•••

*About a year ago*

''I hate you! You're such a burden.'' Yelled the woman who gave me life.
My mother.

I really couldn't remember what I did wrong but she hated me. Which was strange because she was my mum and according to the laws of nature, mothers love their children.

That morning, she had asked me to get her a glass of water. I was so delighted because she never sent me on any kind of errand but that day, she did and I wasn't going let the chance to talk to my mother go.

I walked steadily up the stairs to her room with the glass of water on a tray and knocked silently when I got to her door.
I was about to knock again when my mum's voice asked me to go in. I opened the door and entered, shutting the door quietly behind me.

Her room was a mess because she was changing her wardrobe and was trying to figure out what to keep and what to give away, so clothes were everywhere in her room.

I tried to walk in between them so as not to step on them but my plan not only failed but backfired.

As I was trying to avoid designer dresses and signature shoes, I tripped over a five-inch stiletto and fell over. The glass cup broke and my elbow landed on the pieces causing deep cuts on my elbow.

I slowly got up without a sound because I had a bigger fish to fry.

I looked up and froze when I saw my mum reach for a steel hanger. I knew I was in for it.

"I'm so sorry, mum." I cried looking down at the Victoria's Secret dress I had just wet.

Before I could look back up, I felt a very sharp pain on my shoulder.

"How dare you?" Mother Dearest yelled. "I gave you life-" well, doesn't seem like it "and this is how you thank me? By making my life a living hell?" And then something snapped inside me.

How could she say that I was making her life hell?

For as long as I could remember, she made me cry every day. Told me that I was a burden, that I was a mistake, that I was ugly and I could never be like her.
My mum was pretty. A diva in her own right, curves and all.

She was right, I'd never be like her. But she was wrong about me making her life hell.

Reverse was the case.

"I hate you! You're such a burden." Were the words that made me go crazy.

"How can you say that, mum?" I cried, tears pouring relentlessly down my face. "Aren't mothers supposed to love their children?" I half yelled. I could tell clearly that she was taken aback by my outburst but I didn't care anymore, I'd had enough.

"How dare you talk back at me?" She asked in an icy cold tone, menacingly walking toward me like a lion walking toward its prey. In this case, a very weak prey. "I told your dad I didn't want kids. But no, he wouldn't listen. He just had to put you inside me blaming it on a broken rubber."

And just like that my whole world crashed. The defensive wall I'd been building came crumbling.

"Well... you're...s-stuck w-with me, d-deal with it." I managed to say through sobs and whimpers. I ran immediately after that statement because I knew I'd be dead if I didn't.

I ran blindly across the street. I was literally half blind because tears clouded my vision. I had no idea that I had already entered into the woods about ten houses from mine.

I ran till I couldn't run anymore. I sat by a huge tree and cried my heart and eyes out.

"Why?!?" I screamed in frustration.
Why would anyone hate their own flesh and blood? More tears streamed down my cheeks as I recalled all the other times she had said hurtful words to me.

"You're a mistake, an accident, your existence disgusts me. I wish you'd just die!" All those words kept attacking me. What killed me the most was that those words were from my... my... mother.

"This can't go on." I whimpered. I got up and began to look for something.
What was I looking for? I didn't know either, I just knew that I needed something sharp.

Something that could cut through anything, anyone, through the wrist of a lonely frustrated girl.

I searched relentlessly till my fingers touched something cold and flat. I picked it up and it turned out to be an old dagger. Which was very blunt. I clutched it with all my might.

I held it to my wrist and without thinking, I slit it.

Hey, Everyone!
So this is the first chapter of my first story and I want to thank you guys for reading.

So...... Please
Read
Comment
Share
Vote
Enjoy.
Love, Deezay1.