4.1 The End of the Beginning

4.1 THE END OF THE BEGINNING

An eerie silence filled the woods. On one side of the clearing stood Lennon and her fellow Warjiles. On the other, the mind controlled human mortals that Julia used like puppets; they cleared a space so Julia could walk through.

Suddenly a noise from behind them made Lennon and the others turn around quickly. A short distance behind them, more people emerged from the woods. Lennon gasped in surprise when she saw Hartley, Jenny, and Kirhsten along with the mortals.

"Kirhsten is one of her zombies?" Spencer asked.

"Negative ghost rider," Hartley said with a cocky smile.

"We actually are here by choice," Jenny added.

"Are you serious? I mean really? What a bitch ass move," Spencer yelled.

"Okay Kirhsten, if this is how you want to play it, then that's fine," Sam said glaring at her former best friend.

"You don't scare me. Don't forget, I know everything about you, and I do mean everything!" Kirhsten screamed back.

"You betrayed me for her! And for what?! You know that it will never happen?" Kirhsten said sneering.

"Shut up Kirhsten," Spencer said.

"Make me bitch," Kirhsten responded placing her hands on her hips.

"You know your mother had a vision that you two will never be together. Yet you still chase the idea. It's fucking pathetic!" Kirhsten continued.

"ENOUGH!" Julia screamed. "She is not who you should be worried about."

There was stillness to the silence that had settled in the wooded clearing. Suddenly without a word, the children that Julia was controlling started running toward the group.

"Form a circle! Back to back, they are trying to ambush us! No one is to leave Lennon alone!" Mahlania screamed. In a matter of seconds, they had formed a circle.

Lennon watched as one the children sprinted towards her, a little boy, no more than eight or nine, stopped in front of her, as if he was wanting to attack her, but couldn't, he then turned and focused on Spencer who stood beside her.

Spencer pushed the boy high into the air, without even having to move her hands using her energy, and then slammed him into the ground.

Lennon let out a low moan in horror, there was no way she could do that to a child.

A girl who was probably ten years old ran at the group. She jumped onto one of the younger female Warjiles that were there with Mahlania. The young girl had frozen with surprise as the child jumped onto her.

The little girl grabbed the woman's hair, yanking it out in a large chunk, making the woman screamed out in pain. The child bit down on the woman's face. She was so quick. She then bit down on her ear, ripping it off with her teeth.

Blood was everywhere. The little girl looked at Lennon with blood dripped from her chin. She smiled wickedly at her, her small white teeth shown through all the blood that covered her small face, the woman, now laid on the ground twitching violently, but the girl still clung to her, she looked back at the woman and then brought her face quickly down to the woman's neck, ripping with her teeth at her throat.

David, who had been busy fending off other killer children, saw what had happened. He let out a wail and ran over to the woman.

The girl who had been chewing on the female Warjile was lifted into the air and was slammed into a nearby tree, a limb pierced through her stomach, the limb jutted out in a hideous manner.

The little girl's bright red dress with white shoes looked like something out of a horror movie. Her face still dripping with blood. Her hair still up in pigtails, bows still sat perfectly in their place as they had before. He kneeled down beside the woman, cradling her body, rocking back and forth.

"Eezeikiah! Heal my wife! Heal Lahna! There is still time!" he screamed.

The old woman looked at him with sympathy. "She is gone, boy. Let not her death be in vain. Avenge her! Avenge her!" The woman said sternly.

Amber stood her ground firmly. Suddenly she jumped forward and ripped through her clothes and transformed into a lioness in a matter of seconds. Lennon watched in awe as the huge cat ran right at a child, clawing at his face, shredding it like paper. Amber then grabbed another girl by the side of her belly, biting a chunk the size of a basketball from it.

Lennon looked around, at the bodies lying around her. There was a high-pitched laugh from the large group of people standing at the wooded clearing. Clapping and laughing Julia seemed amused by all that was going on.

"That was great! Considering that they were only children, and they almost kicked your asses! Imagine what will happen next!" she said laughing.

The adult mortals started slowly walking towards them. Lennon's group was down to nine. Amber was now back in human form, standing naked on the wet grass. Her nudity obviously not bothering her.

They formed another circle, ready for anything. Some of the adults started jogging towards them some of them went into a full sprint. Others still walked slowly, but it was an ambush from all sides.

Sam put her hands out, and suddenly the trees that were standing around them started falling. One by one, some of them landing right on top of the running people.

Spencer used her energy and sent some of the people flying backwards. They twisted and turned into ways that a body should never be in. Some slammed into trees. Some just fell to the ground. The ones that could get up did so and ran back towards the group.

Amber transformed again. This time, she changed into something that made Lennon's jaw drop. A huge grizzly bear. Amber let out a roar that made the trees around them vibrate. She ran full force towards the oncoming groups of zombie mortals.

"I am so tired of this bullshit!" Julia screamed. Julia then started approaching the group.

Sam let out a curse word that Lennon couldn't quite make out.

"She's mine," Spencer said, Sam screamed in objection as Spencer started running in Julia's direction. Julia, on the other hand, headed straight for the bear.

"My turn," Julia said raising her hands slowly.