1.9 Family

1.9 FAMILY

Lennon waited outside of the hospital for Momma Fitz to pull the minivan around to pick her up.

Spencer flung open the side door and had a grin on her face that went from ear to ear. She was obviously very excited about the fact that Lennon was going to be staying with them.

It had been the longest two days of Lennon's life, having to stay in the hospital for observations. But none the less, she bit her tongue and dealt with it. Ms. Robinson and Momma Fitz had made all the moving arrangements and got all the packing and unpacking done already, all while Lennon was laid up in a hospital bed, cut off from the world.

Not that she had a lot of things to do, but Lennon just wasn't used to people doing so much for her, she had always had to take care of herself. She had remembered to request that Ms. Robinson gets her pre-paid cell phone back from Marge.

Not that she had many numbers in it of importance, but it made her feel responsible knowing that she had a phone and that she took care of paying the bill with what little money she got on a prepaid card each month by the state, it gave her a sense of adulthood with responsibilities.

She smiled at Spencer as she loaded up into the van, Ms. Fitz looked back over her shoulder to the two girls and smiled while saying, "Seat belts ladies!"

Lennon had a puzzled look on her face and sat quietly before Spencer noticed it and looked questionably at her asking, "What's bugging you?"

"Just sort of wondering where Sam is, I haven't really seen her since she saved me." Spencer looked at the front where her mom was sitting; Lennon could see Ms. Fitz shooting Spencer a look from the rear view mirror as if she was telling her quietly something that seemed privately exchanged.

"Sam went to stay with her father for a few days." Was all that Ms. Fitz said. "She will be back sometime tomorrow." "Oh, well did she happen to mention what happened?" Lennon said narrowing her eyes and looking suspiciously from Spencer then back to Ms. Fitz.

"She told us that she saw Martin trying to hit you with a shovel," Spencer said almost in a whisper, she was looking down and seemed very upset. "She jumped the fence and tackled Martin," Ms. Fitz said abruptly as if finishing the sentence for Spencer.

Lennon knew from the reactions of Spencer and Ms. Fitz that there was something weird going on, something that they didn't entirely want to tell Lennon, so she decided to drop it. She ended the conversation with, "I'm just lucky she was there."

They stopped at a grocery store called Carter's right on the outskirts of town and all piled out. Spencer's mood had seemed to brighten up a bit and they laughed and joked while walking into the store.

Ms. Fitz grabbed a buggy and turned to the girls, "Okay, I have dibs on Sunday, what day do you girls have?" Lennon looked confused and just stood beside Spencer quietly.

"Oh! I want Wednesday; I am going to cook for the season premiere of Glee! Oh, my god, I can hardly wait, it's going be so bad ass!" Spencer said in an almost scream, apparently whatever Glee was, it was pretty awesome, at least in the way that Spencer was getting excited over it.

"I'm lost," Lennon said looking at Spencer. "Oh goodness child, I'm sorry, here we are rattling on assuming you know about weekly meal plans," said Ms. Fitz with a smile.

"Spencer, explain it to her while I get what I need for Sunday dinner. Stay close girls," she said while turning to push the buggy and look at a list that she had taken from her purse.

"Okay, so here is the deal. Mom will let us all get to pick a night of the week to cook whatever we want. We have to cook it as a family, and we have to sit down and eat as a family, it's all up to the choice of the chef for the night. My night is going be a pizza night and we're going all sit around the TV in the den and eat and watch Glee."