The Past: Dispatched

A teen (Y/N) frowned. Your Marine cap still on your head as your coat was on your chair that you were sitting on. The kanji for 'Justice' on the back of it.

You faced your mentor and teacher, the closest person that could be seen as a role model to you.

"What? What do you mean by that Garp?"

Garp gazed at you sternly, his arms crossed as he stood before your personal office desk.

"It means what it means. Stay here with us, just decline."

Your brows furrowed as you stood up from the chair.

"What? You know about my dream. What are you trying to say old man?! That I'm not ready for whatever they throw at me?!"

Garp's dark eyes narrowed, his expression seeming to grow more tired by each passing minute.

"(Y/N), you know that isn't what I'm trying to say."

You clenched your fists, your eyes darkening.

"Is it cause I'm his daughter. It's cause of that isn't it? The fact that I'm a pirates daughter is the reason you're not letting me go." You accused, something that seemed nothing new to you. It seems each time you did something, you felt like others connected it with your father.

The man that somehow took your kind mother's heart and created you, only to leave and never come back.

The fact that your mother always compared and your father when she was still alive didn't help. Saying he was a good and marvelous man. Kind, with a smile on his face, talented.

You would never call your mother a liar, you would be no better then those kids back in Loguetown if you did. No.

It was the fact that you were ashamed of the blood within you. So ashamed. You didn't want to be known as a pirates daughter.

You wanted to be known for you, (Y/N). The strongest woman in the marines if things kept going like this, but now Garp is in your way.

Garp's expression tightened.

"(Y/N)—"

A knock on your door interrupted the Vice Admiral, you quickly calling for the person to come in. Your eyes brightened, as you spotted your now shaven and more mature friend. Who now took a habit to smoke like his name suggests.

"Smokey! How are ya?" You said as you quickly grabbed an invitation letter on your desk and began to walk towards your furrow browed friend, you ignoring Garp's calls to you.

"(Y/N), shouldn't you—"

"Should we talk outside? Fantastic idea." You exclaimed as you pushed Smoker out of your office to quickly walk away from the old man.

"(Y/N)!" The Vice Admiral yelled.

"See you later, Garp!" You waved back at the Vice Admiral, quickly shutting the door and began walking with a disapproving Smoker at your side. You walked passed some trainees as they were mopping, once they spotted you, they quickly saluted.