The Value of Nakama

Comenzar desde el principio

"Be silent!" The crew froze from your loud voice, you quickly continued with grim eyes.

"I heard this from Doflamingo. Ace got captured and is in Impel Down. His execution is going to be in two weeks, so I have a plan. But don't tell Luffy at what I'm doing."

They were eerily silent, but Korra spoke up.

"How can we trust him? Captain, he's probably manipulating you to—."

"Korra." She flinched from how cold you said her name. "I believe I would know if I was being used. And I can tell Doflamingo was telling the truth, since he was spouting nonsense about it."

You then told them they must stay here. The crew was about to protest again, you gave them a glare. Immediately silencing them with a mere look.

"I do not wish to lose my crew in this war that the marines started. I want you to stay safe, which the best way is, is to be away from me."

"What about you Captain?" Jet asked quietly. You turned towards him with a raised eyebrow.

"What about me?" Jet clenched his fist as he said that you always do this. You asking on what do you always do.

"Protect us! Since even before you knew us, you protected us. Each and everyone of us here, was helped and saved by you." Jet's voice showed strong emotion, but his voice did not waver as you looked at him with hidden eyes behind your cap. "Strangers. We were just strangers and yet you wanted to help. Afterwords, when we wanted to be in your crew, you pushed us away. You were scared." You clenched your teeth. "You were scared that we were going to die if we were near you. So you protected us by pushing away. You always protected us! Let us now protect you (Y/N)!"

You said nothing as you glanced around to the other crew members under your signature cap. They all had the same fierce determination that Jet had within his eyes.

"Do you all agree?"

Immediately everyone nodded. Hak adding that they didn't train for nothing. Taka saying they were strong, and if something happens, she's always there to stitch them back together. Korra and Wes looking at you with caring eyes, while Zuko clenched his fists quietly.

"You're not alone Captain. Not anymore. We're with you now!" Jet proclaimed loudly, followed by loud 'Aye's'.

You felt touched. Your crew... Your wonderful sweet, gentle and caring crew. You don't deserve them. Their loyalty is something you'll never understand, but you treasure it. You treasure them. They're...they're your Nakama. And you'll do anything to keep them from getting hurt.

Anything.

You lifted your head up and gave a small smile.

"Thank you." The crew slowly let out relieved smile's and sighs. A thrum of strong power was released within you, stronger then you normally use. And the crew was suddenly on the floor, even though it was difficult to knock them all out.

"And I'm sorry."

You'll protect them as long as you can. You have to do this alone. You won't let anyone touch them, your eyes narrowed.

Especially not Akainu.

You quickly went over and grabbed one of the shipwrights inventions of a smaller ship but still had a small couch within the little room it had. You ignored the calls for you as you quickly steered away, with the ships motor engine within and unique sails.

You'll finally get to see Smoker.

.

.

.