You thought of campfires. The scent of wood, the sound of crackling fire and fish being cooked and pierced by two sticks. Hattori cooing.

You recalled once more of biting your tongue. Never saying what you wished. Not saying what you mean. How long it took you to even admit what you're about to say to yourself.

You thought of a promise.

You gave him a soft smile as you adjusted him so you can carry him easier. Dark eyes seeming to focus more in attention on you when your hand on his waist moved more to his abdomen at the adjustment.

"Because, dear Lucci, you're my comrade." You whispered with conviction and assurance. Back then, you weren't sure why you did the things you did for Lucci. You weren't sure at all.

You just knew it was because you saw him as a comrade. But you didn't know why. Why you saw the sadistic man as a friend. Why him? The one who loved to kill and fight? Reveled in it?

Except, for comrades, why should there be a reason?

You don't need reasons for being friends with someone, you just are.

That's what it means.

Your smile widened, your eyes closing as you gave the exhausted Lucci a bright smile.

"Cause you're my friend!"

Lucci's eyes widened in shock and surprise, and then slowly closed again. This time however, a small twitch of the lips was plastered on his face.

The quiet silence with a warmth on your back.

You blinked, eyes darting towards his sleeping expression, his body drooping  more on you as his breaths turned slow and heavy.

...what a stupid man.

Your lips twitched subconsciously despite the thought. Widening when you heard a flutter of wings and the feel of something landing on your cap, Hattori doing a sad Coo. You told Hattori to hang in there before strengthening the hold around him and keeping yourself upright as you started to drag him to the huge hole on the wall of the Tower.

You need to get him down there without jostling him too much. His broken ribs can worsen.

"Oi! What, you decided to throw that shit cat off the cliff finally?!" You blinked, turning back to see Blueno using his Open Door ability behind you and Jabra stepping out of it with a scowl and a fist raised in front of him, shaking it. Blueno looked like he didn't want to be here for this as he raised his eyes skyward. "Well, I don't care who you became or your weird relationship with that guy—but know this! I'm the only one that gets to kill that shitbag and not you!" At this point, Jabra reached in front of you and was pointing right at your nose. Your eyes crossed at it. "And I'm definitely not gonna just throw him off towards the devilish sea! The shitty cat is gonna be tortured by me first and show felines everywhere that—"

Jabra kept going on a tangent, your lips slowly growing as he went on before letting out a snort.

"What's so funny?!" Jabra asked, you only shaking your head as you adjusted Lucci's arm around you.

"Nice to see you too, Jabra." Jabra froze, doing a little sputter before he released a "Tch!" and scratched the back of his tied back head, kicking at the ground once. You could hear him mumbling something about "you too" or that he guesses they can both end Lucci, but the sick bastard might like it than but you turned your attention towards Fukuro who also stepped out the Open Door. Hattori flying away from your head and pecking at a yelling irritated Jabra now. Fukuro blinked his eyes in a way that made him appear like an owl with how wide they were. "Ah...Fukuro...long time no—"

Strong(One Piece x Reader)[EDITING IN PROGRESS]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें