Social, economic and government systems were changed for as much of the world's history to be preserved. Order and new laws were put to immediate effect. Places were in category and order like people.

The High Council, the group of the highest officials in the international goverment, had categorized remaining world countries into modernized Kingdoms, each with their futuristic cities and historical towns. These have their own functions and contribution to the Kingdom they belong in. An example would be the Kingdom my town belongs to: the Kingdom of Avenir which stands as the Kingdom of Agriculture and Harvest. Each Kingdom also represents a jewel of high importance which serves as a symbol that identifies us and unites us with other Kingdoms in the New World. These Kingdoms contribute and report to the Central Citadel, which is the capital of the world and home to the High Council. It is the center of all and the only way to reach other Kingdoms.

The Central Citadel, every Kingdom, as well as the cities and towns in them is incased in a forty story thick solid wall except the parts where land meets the sea. It's not as bad as you think because they made this so in order for rebels and other outside dangers to never breach our new stronghold and fortress.

Now, being back in my hometown, shows how much of the scenery and situation changes compared to the city. Everything's pretty the same from before or in what's written in history. There is technology and other "normal things" that they had before in the past but it has drastically changed in a good different way. That's what war and hundreds of decades that had passed does.

I was looking out the window, reminiscing the last time I was ever home: the trees, the mountains, the breeze, the flowers, the lake – everything. Just trying to remember home led my eyes feeling heavy and before I realized it, I had slept throughout the whole trip.

I got out the train and went outside the station. The early morning mist enveloped every corner of the town. I made my way through then rode a cab until it reached a small trail just a bit further from the town. I walked along the trail covered by trees and stopped upon arriving in front of a small brick cottage. I made my way to the door and knocked but before I could finish knocking someone suddenly opened the door with such force and hugged me to the point that I almost fell. She bursts into tears upon finding her voice to saying "Evelyn, you're finally home."

 "Mom, stop crying okay? You said that you won't cry when I get here." I reprimanded while wiping away her tears.

"Forgive your mother sprout. She's very emotional when she found out you're finally coming back home." he said huskily but in a gentle way.

 "Dad, I'm not a plant okay? Did you even miss me?" I asked humorously.

"Of course I missed you! You're my little girl." he smiled while hugging both me and my mother at our doorstep.

We all went inside the house. The place was still the same as I'd remember it, although there was new stuff too but our small fireplace, my mother's old piano by the window with a cracked glass, the small couch, the broken lamp on the side table, the smell of stew from the kitchen, the wall bookshelf, the newly washed curtains, the shaggy carpet, the brick walls and wooden floor was still the same. 'Yes,' I said to myself 'I'm home.'

"Evelyn, go upstairs and change for dinner okay honey?" my mother reminded.

"We'll wait for you downstairs sprout." my dad said assuring me.

I climbed upstairs to my room. Since our house was small, my room was the attic. It was well kept by my parents like they were always taking care of it ever since I had left. I loved my room. It had a great view of the town and our backyard. I jumped into bed and sighed, relieved to be sleeping on its comfort again. I sat back up and took a good look around my room. I missed this. I rolled on my bed, just enjoying its soft, comforting mattress and covers.