Twenty

^crappy quality but words cannot describe how much I love this picture omg

Song: Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy {So you're gone and I'm haunted / And I bet you are just fine / Did I make it that easy / To walk right in and out of my life?}

--
{unedited}

February 22nd, 2014 {19 weeks, 5 days}

"So, are you excited for this baby shower?" I ask Callie, grabbing a couple of shopping bags out of the car.

"Yes, I'm excited for it to be over. My feet are killing me and I still feel so nauseous," she groans, leaning against the car.

Despite her obvious discomfort, I can't help but laugh a little. "I know exactly what you're talking about, having been through that three times before these two. It may be overwhelming, but once you hold your baby in your arms, all of the stress and problems you went through melt away." I find myself reflecting back on the times that Aubree and Luke were placed on my chest shortly after they were born. However, with that reflection, comes the haunting thought of the possible end to this current pregnancy.

Callie rubs her stomach and looks at me. "Is it going to hurt?"

I kick the car door shut before turning to her to answer. "Now I'm not going to stand here and lie to you, okay? It hurts like hell. There isn't really any way to describe it to someone who has never experienced it before, other than that."

We both begin doing somewhat of our pregnant waddle toward the adjacent building. I keep my laugh to myself when I picture both of us walking because of our buns in the oven. I'm used to walking like this, but here lately, Callie has been complaining about being uncomfortable. She says things like her belly being tight or even hurting sometimes. All I can do is just encourage her to keep going, because there really isn't any other option for her.

Callie begins to tell me her worries about labor as I listen intently. However, her monologue is interrupted when Andrew appears from behind the front doors. He jogs over to us and immediately takes the shopping bags from me.

"I'm going to tell you the same thing I told Callie, and that is to take it easy," he scolds. "Surely your doctor has said the same thing."

"Andrew, I am pregnant, not helpless." It bothers me when people try to do things I can clearly do myself. Circumstances may be a little different than what has been in the past, but I can still do things. "Thanks for the help," I add, making sure my previous comment wasn't as harsh as it sounded.

Instead of responding, he just nods and walks back inside.

I glance over at Callie, and she is smiling toward the doors he disappeared behind. I've seen that look on her many times before, and all of them have involved Andrew each time. It's funny how I used to have so many reservations about their relationship, but they are a lot stronger than they would probably care to admit. They are certainly a whole lot stronger than mine and Paul's relationship. If that weren't true, he'd be here right now, but he's not.

The fact that he is not here is not his fault. For one, he is filming, so of course he wouldn't be here anyways. Even if he weren't filming, he still wouldn't be here. I have a feeling that if he wasn't in Atlanta for Fast and Furious 7, he would be in Hawaii surfing with Vince.