Letter #3: Open When...You're Stressed Out

A/N: Most of this will be in Sierra's POV, but there's also a part in Meadow's POV. It's different, and I really enjoyed writing it, so I hope you enjoy it as well! P.S. My birthday is Sunday (August 30th) and I'll be 18, god I'm old hahaha. Love all of you so much.

Song: Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Rey (doesn't "go" with the chapter but it's what I listened to while writing this lol)

December 9th, 2013 (9 weeks, 0 days)

Sierra's POV.

"Meadow! Come on, we've gotta go! We're going to be late!" I yell, quickly putting on one of Paul's shirts and jeans. Once I grab my purse and keys, I'm ready to leave. I walk down the hallway to Meadow's room, and see that she is still laying in bed in her pajamas. "Meadow, I told you that you need to get ready. I'm not letting you stay home from school just to lay in bed all day."

She glances up at me and rolls her eyes. "Screw you. My dad is laying in the hospital and he could possibly die. I'm allowed to lay around if I want to. Besides, you're not even my real mom so you can't tell me what to do." She turns around as if she's ending the conversation on her own terms.

I'm glad that she does turn around so she can't see the hurt and shock on my face. That is the first time she has ever spoken to me like that, but I know better than to get upset with her. It's obviously that she's just angry about the situation, and she feels just as helpless about it as I do. Luckily, when I need strength, I just go back and read the two previous letters Paul had written for me. "I may not be your real mother, but I love you just like you're my own child. Do you want me to call Caleb or Cody to come over? I have my doctor's appointment today." Subconsciously, I bite my own lip, slightly afraid of what she might say next.

"Just leave me alone, please," she mumbles. I grant her wishes and shut the door. Of course, I'm not going to leave her at home by herself. Meadow is in a lot of pain and she shouldn't be alone. Just as Paul said in the letter that he is always with me, I know that he is with Meadow too.

When I walk out of the house, I feel as if a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. The house and the rooms in it hold so many memories that it's painful to be in it. It's even worse at night when I'm laying in bed, because I always think that Paul is laying next to me. Every time that I turn over and see that his side of the bed is empty, it's just another reminder of the terrible reality that I'm living in right now.

I get into my car and send a quick text to Callie asking about Aubree and Luke. She came over early this morning to pick them up so I could go to the appointment today. When she was over, she was on my butt about eating right and taking the vitamins that I have to. Obviously I'm doing just that, but stress is more of a factor for the baby's health than any vitamins or food.

Once I start the car and put it in reverse, my phone rings. I never look at my phone while I'm driving because I'd always have one of the kids with me. This time I don't, so I just answer it while I'm backing out of the driveway. "Hello?" I didn't look at the caller ID so I have no idea who it is.

"Yes, Mrs. Walker, my name is Samantha and I'm calling from Universal Studios. I'm calling you to see if we could set up an appointment to talk about some things." Her tone is happy, but it doesn't seep into my mood. I'm beyond stressed out right now.

So, even though production has been shut down, they want to meet with me to discuss Fast and Furious 7. Personally, I think that it's way too soon for me to even begin to fathom talking about this subject. Then again, Paul wouldn't want to movie to stop on his account. "Alright, when do I need to come visit?"

The sound of Samantha typing fills the silence between us. "How about Friday at 2:30?"

It doesn't take long for me to respond. All I have been doing is going to the hospital every day, so it's not like I have anything planned. Meadow begged to stay home again this week, and I agreed to it. This is the last week before Christmas break, which is finals week for her, but her teachers said that she could do them online. "That sounds okay to me," I tell her.