Sides (1/2) - Bucky Barnes x Reader

Start from the beginning

You groaned, not feeling any need to want to go to this party. That means you'd have to fly out to Stark tower with the rest of the Avengers and actually socialize.

You walked over to your closet to pick out something to wear. Wanda classified it as simple, but sexy, which was nice if you just wanted to hide in the corner and not talk to anyone.

And the time came, you got on a quinjet with Wanda, Steve, Natasha, and Clint. It was a quick flight, at least. Considering that the facility isn't that far away from Stark Tower.

When you arrived, there was already a ton of people there. You quickly found yourself at the bar getting something to drink; it was your mood.

"What are we even celebrating, anyway?" You asked Wanda.

She shrugged. "I am not sure. We have not had many missions as of late, have we?" She asked, and you shook your head. "Maybe it has something to do with the new arrival."

"There's a new arrival?" You asked, completely clueless.

Wanda nodded. "I think so."

"Who is it?" You asked.

"Some type of soldier. I think. Winter soldier, I am not sure, though." She told you, taking a sip of whatever she had in her hands.

Your eyes grew wide, and you spit out your drink. "Winter Soldier?" You asked, in hopes she was right. "I'm going to find Steve!" You yelled and ran away.

You ran into everyone but Steve. You found Tony, then Rhodey, then Wanda again, then Widow and Clint, and a bunch of random people you didn't even know. Then, you found Steve.

"Steve!" You yelled at him, and he turned around when he heard your voice.

"Hey!" He smiled at you. "What's up?"

"Who's the new arrival?" You asked.

Steve rubbed the back of his neck. "Uh, well, you see..."

"So it is Bucky." You whispered. "Tony told you not to tell me, didn't he? He was afraid I'd go after him because we're both from Hydra." You said and tried to walk away, desperate to see Bucky again.

"Wait, don't-"

"I'm going to find him." You said.

"Just look upstairs," Steve told you, and you turned around and looked up at the overhang, just to see Bucky looking down at you.

You ran up the stairs, pushing people out of the way, and you ran to give him a hug "Bucky!" You yelled when you were in his arms.

"It's been so long. How did you get here? I thought you were with HYDRA?" Bucky asked you.

"That was before I found out that what I was doing was wrong..." You admitted, just happy to have him back.

A few hours later, and with some intoxicated catching up, you realized how much you still liked him. You were still head over heels, and it was clear Bucky has always been into you. You figured that out when the night ended with him pushing you against a wall and waking up in a room with no memory of part of the night; you just know it was good.

---

"You don't understand!" You yelled. "You never have!" Six months with Bucky back had passed. You guys were together, and things had been going well. Until tonight.

"What is there to understand?!" He yelled back. "All you're talking about is complete nonsense!" He made sure to shut the top drawer to his dresser, where his surprise was hidden.

"Then that shows you don't understand that what I'm talking about means a lot!" You fought back and fell onto the bed. "I can't take this anymore; we should end this." You said. Fighting for an hour without any sign of resolution was probably not a good sign for your relationship. Maybe it was meant to be that you don't end up together.

Bucky didn't say anything for a minute. "Okay." You said and walked out of his room and back to yours.

A few hours passed, and it was now three in the morning. You hadn't been able to sleep; with the crying, how could you sleep?

There was a knock on your door, and it opened. Bucky sat down on the end of your bed, and you didn't say anything to him. "I'm sorry. I'm so very sorry. Please forgive me, doll."

You sat up and looked at him. "You're keeping things from me." You told him.

"Only because I wanted the surprise to be epic, but I clearly messed that up. I'm sorry." He looked down as he fiddled with his hands.

"What surprise?" You asked.

Bucky reached into his pocket and pulled out a small black box. He fiddled with that too, then opened it. "I was going to ask you to marry me."

"Oh my gosh, Buck..."

"But now I think you don't want to."

"No, Bucky, I love you more than anything. It was just a fight, a stupid, stupid fight." You said and hugged him.

"Please don't leave me..." He whispered.

You took the ring out of the box and slipped it on your finger. "I can't now." You smiled.

He started to kiss you, and, well, by accident, you guys ended up having a better night than was initially thought.