Chapter One

I walk down a dirty road towards my apartment.
I always walk this way after school, even if it may be dangerous for a eighteen year old girl, to walk alone, I sadly had no choice.
My mom couldn't afford to give me money for a cab and neither of us knew how to drive, and my dad...well, he left us a long time ago.

We life in a crappy part of the city. The houses and streets where scattered with litter, the roads had pot-holes, which have never been filled, and the homes looked abandoned.

I walk up the drive-way towards the apartment building, relieved to have finally gotten home.

When I get inside, I notice that moms not home, she's probably working over time again.

The apartment has two bedrooms, one bathroom, a small kitchen and a living room and in every room, either the walls are peeling or there's a stain on it.

I start raiding the fridge, already starving from the walk home. I decide to heat up last nights dinner.

Just as I was finishing, I hear the door knob turn and a yell from the living room,"Hey Rose! I'm home."

My momwalks into the kitchen and gives mean kiss,"How was school?"

"It was fine, just a bit boring." I lie.
People at school made it hell for me, from name calling, to cruel pranks, it never ends, but I make it through the day not trying to make my problems my moms, she already has so much to deal with, especially trying to get us money in the bank and food on the table.

After awhile she leaves to go take a shower.

I look around the small room, I do that a lot now a days, I study my surroundings, like its the last time I'll see it all.

I get up and walk into the living room, hearing faint snores coming from my mother's room, she was already asleep.

I check my watch, to see its, 00:31, it was already so late.

I walk into my cramped room, in the corner there's a single bed and next to it is a wooden end-table, with a lamp and a book on top of it. Across from the bed was a cupboard where all my clothes where and next to it was a desk and chair, with piles of papers on them.

I sigh and walk over to the small cupboard and fish out old pj's. I got changed and immediately jump into bed.

As I lay there in the dark, I wonder of how life would of been if my dad had never left us. I wondered about this for awhile till I feel asleep from exhaustion.
***************************************************
Hope you liked it.
😊