Chapter Twelve

He had bound my hands in rope and continued to push me to who knows where.

We had been traveling on dirt road; my clothes torn and dirty from him pushing me roughly, till I fell to the ground.

I thought of running but, didn't want to try my lick with him.

After he had bound my hands, he had pulled and lit a cigarette.

He would blow the fowl smelling smoke at the back of my head, which would travel to my nose.

We had been walking for about an hour; my feet already was swollen with blisters, causing me to stumble.

He found it amusing at my misfortune, chuckling as I stumbled.

I wish John was here; he would always make me smile.

I was snapped out of my joyful memories.

Dean pulled me towards him,"Welcome to you're knew home." He whispered in my hear.

I felt bile rise up my throat. It made me sick to have him so close to me.

I looked around me; a big old barn was in front of me, decaying and falling apart with age.

We entered the barn through a hole in the wall; the inside of the barn covered head to toe with hay, a table was in the centre covered in weapons, their were stables and old barn equipment all over the building.

I noticed the two men who had been with Dean at the park; standing at the table with weapons discussing something.

There were a bunch of men scattered around the place.

They all had the same wicked look to them as Dean.

When we entered, all eyes where on us.

"Whose this little thing?" One of the men said, locking his lips as he spoke.

Dean grabbed me by my waist, "This is Rose, and she's going to help us get John."

I tried pushing him away, but he just tightened he's grip.

The men laughed at my failed efforts.

Dean dragged me over to one of the stables and threw me in.

He locked the door, my hands still tied.

I looked around, looking for ways to escape , but the walls were too high for me to get over and even if I could get over what am I going to do with hands tied.

I sighed, the stables floor was covered with hay, with a dirty red blanket in corner.

I put my hands over my legs and put my head on my knees.

Their going to use me to get John and I can't do anything about it...

Tears started forming from the corners of my eyes.

How'd I get myself into this mess and how am I going to get out of it?

I started crawling over to the blanket and lay on my side.

I wrinkled up my nose.

The blanket smells terrible, they probably haven't cleaned this thing in years!

I moved until I was laying on my back.

I tried closing and failing into blissful sleep but, something was poking my back causing me to stir from my sleep.

I kicked the blanket off, bringing some hay flying with it.

A long sharp nail ways laying on its side.

They must not of noticed it with the hay covering it.

I covered the nail again and threw the blanket over it.

I'll need that later when I figure a way out of here.

I slumped against the wall.

I'll have to wait till dark to see if my plan will work.

The night came slowly, with nothing to do, sleep some how couldn't find me and I stayed awake till the sun went down behind the hills.

Soon after a few hours of dark, the sound of loud snoring reached my ears.

I can't try to escape now, they'll be expecting that and I need to get information for John, so he can put a bullet in that son of a bitches head.

I could hear soft footsteps crunching beneath the dry hay.

Someone must be keeping watch, if someone comes to rescue me, then the guard will alert the others.

I looked around the dark room.

If only I could see what's happening....bingo!!!

There was a crack in the door, big enough for me to peer through.

I shuffled over to the door and peered through the crack.

There was one of Deans men at where I had entered the barn, but instead of keeping guard this time; he had fallen asleep with the rest of the bunch.

I sighed and leaned against the wall.

I don't understand any of this; everything is moving so fast.

The dreams I've been having seem as real as everything around me, it seems if I just fade in and out of the dreams.

I shook my head.

I could hear a faint buzzing, but I couldn't pin point where the noise was coming from.

"Wake...up..."

I shook my head.

No stop! It hurts.

This time I felt something pierce my arm, but there was nothing near me.

I could feel a cold liquid pouring into my veins.

My head started spinning.

I could see black spots form in the corners of my vision.

My head was slumping to the side.

Soon darkness surrounded me and everything around me faded away.